PDA

View Full Version : Best place to rent DA42 in Scandinavia?

Bamjo
20th May 2020, 11:12
Good day,

I´ll graduate flight school soon with CPL MEIR MEP and APS MCC all done and I´d like to fly with my family from Denmark up to northern Norway for a few days and back.. Does anyone have any experience in renting a Diamond DA42 anywhere in Scandinavia? I know Aeropole has some in Finland but that´s pretty far away. Maybe some aeroclubs that have them? Preferably in Denmark, Sweden or Norway. Any information would be greatly appreciated, have a nice day :)

Broadlands
26th May 2020, 19:43
Bamjo
I like your sense of adventure and would encourage you to develop your experience.
Without poring too much cold water in your idea, there are a number of issues that you will encounter.

A DA42 is a major asset to an organisation and they will want to protect their investment. Therefore if they do allow the aircraft to be hired (and I can think of two in the area) they will put a high PIC limit and then require an extensive checkout.

The insurance requirements are typically a minimum of 100hrs PIC on MEP for pilots who are not instructors.

Although a fresh CPL ME/IR feels great, it takes time to build up experience to a competent level to fly into Scandinavia. If you look at DEA / 2Excel / FCSL and see when pilots fly light twins overseas you will get the idea.

Keep posting to let us know how you get on.