PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham Airport arrivals

Pink Baron
14th Aug 2002, 10:59
After embarking on a new EK Jet from the New Dubai Sheikh Rashid Terminal it is quite a let down to wait for shoddy baggage service in a depressing Birmingham arrivals section. Come on Birmingham Airport operators do something about it.

It is hard enough to find your way onto the right motorway.

Other operators are leaving you miles behind!!

P.Pilcher
16th Aug 2002, 09:34
You moan about Birmingham! Try an arrival or departure from Lagos in Nigeria. No - I haven't just watched it on TV I have experienced that delightful airport as both pilot and passenger!

flybhx
16th Aug 2002, 10:56
Try waiting for your bags of a Midlands flight at Heathrow. Takes longer than the flight did

Smoketrails
16th Aug 2002, 20:01
:confused: You'll be waiting a long time for a flight from the Midlands to LHR!

flybhx
18th Aug 2002, 09:08
Sorry!! dyxlexic fingers. What I intended to say was a British Midland flight from Europe into Heathrow.
Example flew in from Palma waited 90 mins for bags:mad:

Hand Solo
18th Aug 2002, 19:20
I suspect after departing from Dubais shiny new airport you'd be dissapointed arriving anywhere, except perhaps Changi. If you think BHX is bad you should try LGW/LHR!

Blue Boy
23rd Aug 2002, 00:17
As far as BHX goes, I have no complaints.

The old M.A.S. staff were great, Servisair are OK, from what I know of them (from BHX experience anyway, just don't talk about some of the plonkers at GLA - TW; AB; KK; JR - Shame on you).

Pinkie Baron, remember Sheik Rashid Concourse is a little over two years old, built to what was then thought to be the highest specifications, so long as it doesn't rain. It too, however, has it problems.

There are better Airports in the World, without a doubt. Just because BHX doesn't scrub up as well as DXB, don't knock it.

Anyway, back to departures at Gate 15, McDonald's; and maybe the Irish Village.

Bye, from a sober Blue Boy!!

lambchopboy
27th Aug 2002, 19:32
baggage reclaim is fine and very efficient...it's the Main Terminal pier which is in need of an overhaul. I would hate to arrive into the UK for the very first time and be greeted by a drab, narrow and extremely antiquated airport pier. Not high on the list of what a new visitor wants to see in England but a dreary welcome all the same. I was quite embarrassed to think this was my local airport, but i'm sure the future's bright...at least i hope the New pier will be!

here's hoping huh!:o :rolleyes: