PDA

View Full Version : UK Aircraft detained Nigeria

solent
18th May 2020, 21:20
https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/05/17/world/africa/17reuters-health-coronavirus-nigeria-airplane.html

deing
19th May 2020, 08:48
Legacy 600 G-ERFX left Stansted on Saturday to NIgeria

Oh gaim
19th May 2020, 10:04
It will be interesting to see how this one pans out :ooh:

212man
19th May 2020, 12:51
Its funny how all the local news websites/papers are showing photos of' a Flair Airlines B737! I certainly feel for the crew, as they will also have to spend 14 days in a government quarantine centre.

Preacher_Av
19th May 2020, 16:32
Certainly becoming a common theme with Flex/Privatefly/Flair, defying flight bans.. interesting to hear about the conclusion

Dan_Brown
19th May 2020, 23:14
Serves the operator right. They have needlessly risked the crews health, for profit. I only have sympathy for the crew,

Nigeria was a sh#t hole years ago. What the place is like now i shudder to think.

Down in front
20th May 2020, 09:52
This may open the Pandora's box of dodgy practices most of us have suspicion or experience of with biz jet operators

Aso
20th May 2020, 10:53
This may open the Pandora's box of dodgy practices most of us have suspicion or experience of with biz jet operators

Ehh dodgy practices? In a comparison between Nigeria or ANY biz jet operator I will back the biz jet operator blind! The only two errors you can make in the pithole called Nigeria are:

Pay the wrong person
Paid not enough

So to say "served the operator right" or similar is pathetic :suspect:

Dan_Brown
20th May 2020, 17:10
Ehh dodgy practices? In a comparison between Nigeria or ANY biz jet operator I will back the biz jet operator blind! The only two errors you can make in the pithole called Nigeria are:

Pay the wrong person
Paid not enough

So to say "served the operator right" or similar is pathetic :suspect:

Any operator worth it's salt, will have all bases covered, probably by an "agent", long before the flight even leaves the ground. The crew should be given cash, to tie up any loose ends down route, without receipts . Accountants are unable to get their heads around that of course.

Bribery is an art. Get it wrong and the resulting offence, can manifest itself as described. Or, even worse you could be done for attempted bridery of an official.

flyer12900
20th May 2020, 18:14
Interesting, Flairjet/Sirio/Privatefly's second known issue with the authorities during Covid 19. The first was the Legacy 600 in Marseille and now the Legacy is in trouble in Lagos breaking all sorts of rules.

Wonder what else this outfit are getting up to?

Aso
21st May 2020, 12:58
now the Legacy is in trouble in Lagos breaking all sorts of rules.

Well mr first post... as you seem to know it all: what sort of rules have they broken in Lagos (as if such a thing is possible there)

Bribery is an art. Get it wrong and the resulting offence, can manifest itself as described. Or, even worse you could be done for attempted bridery of an official. How true, 200% right...:D That is why I hated the place... :ugh:But on a serious note that is why as an US company like Flight Options or NetJets, which is under heavy anti bribery legislation, you need an excellent local "agent" to send you an invoice with shall we call it "consultancy fee"

solent
22nd May 2020, 07:07
Hope the crew are safe and well, anyone on here know them?? Hope they are in good hands. Poor crew.

skibeagle
6th Jun 2020, 17:42
Well mr first post... as you seem to know it all: what sort of rules have they broken in Lagos (as if such a thing is possible there)

How true, 200% right...:D That is why I hated the place... :ugh:But on a serious note that is why as an US company like Flight Options or NetJets, which is under heavy anti bribery legislation, you need an excellent local "agent" to send you an invoice with shall we call it "consultancy fee"

LOL, on my expense claim I write “facilitation fee - no receipt available” hahahaha