PDA

View Full Version : Schiphol Airport/ Lost Baggage

Pink Baron
14th Aug 2002, 09:05
Can anyone from Schiphol Airports Management explain why my baggage has been lost there for the third time giving me the obvious grief. Klm Management just shrug their shoulders.

Fly via Schiphol never again only in my coffin no worries then!

Smoketrails
14th Aug 2002, 22:42
Sadly it's a major "known" problem at SPL since many years. Most lost baggage gets reunited with their owners within 24 hours but it's still very inconvenient. Worst cases are when making connections with less than 75 mins during peak periods, even though KLM advertise a minimum connecting time of 35 minutes. Their own staff are fed up with it but nothing seems to change.

OzPax1
15th Aug 2002, 00:49
Yup, this is a big 'known' problem with AMS. I worked as a Pax service agent at BHX last year. We knew that with the flights from AMS there whould be 'lost' bags, and nearly always it was the bags of connecting pax! There is a tagging procedure for the bags of such pax, to help the handlers at AMS identify transit bags. But for some reason it can and does go wrong regulary. Paris CDG has the same problem, but is not as bad as AMS. Yet other airports with higher volumes and just as tight connections seem to manage it with only the odd bag going awol....!

Pink Baron
20th Aug 2002, 10:39
Does Schiphol use " Sita" Intragrated Baggage Solutions?

www.sita.int