PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation in Cairns

dij88
14th Aug 2002, 09:02
Hi to all the new Australian Airlines crew.

Just a quick question to those relocating, has anyone given any thought as to where they are going to live. There seens to be so much available at really affordable rents but I have no idea on the best areas. The northern beaches sound great but I've been told you definately need a car if you live there. (i'm coming from MEL and dont really want to take my car right away).

Help.....any advice would be appreciated.

See you all there soon!

SALLY75
14th Aug 2002, 09:36
Hi
in reply to accomadodation in Cairns,you are right about needing a car if you live in the Northern Beaches.I grew up there,and also am starting with Australian Airlines in Sept.I am looking in the Edgehill ,Cairns,Freshwater areas.They all really close to the airport,yet not noisy,quite leafy areas!
When do you start?

sassy1
14th Aug 2002, 09:42
Hi there Dij88,

I am also coming up from Melbourne and are thinking the exact same thing....I have also sent you an e-mail.

I am going to be looking and relying on meeting people looking at the sharing....hopefully. I start my training on the 23rd Sept in Cairns??

Also, do you know or does anyone know (roughly) what 'allowances' we receive and how much they equate to per hr...

Look forward to hearing from anyone....

Sassy1

dij88
14th Aug 2002, 09:59
Hi sassy, check your email. Dij

cino2go
14th Aug 2002, 10:09
Ladies and Gents..
I am driving up next Wednesday or Thursday for a Sept 1 start.

I will be looking around for a place in the last week that i am there.

Anyone who is wanting to look and is around from the 1-22 Sept is more than welcome to bum a ride to look around

Lots of places on www.realestate.com.au and www.property.com.au also www.domain.com.au

I am looking to rent a huge house with a 1-2 ppl.
ADSL is a must :D
So is aircon

Elvis21
14th Aug 2002, 15:59
no matter where you stay amke sure you drink in the wool shed:D

cino2go
15th Aug 2002, 11:21
While we are on this subject has anyone thought of pooling together Cars and transportation of household goods ?

I think we would get better prices if we all used the one company :eek: :eek:

PilotsPal
16th Aug 2002, 14:51
I haven't checked in there, but have you posted this in D&G? Plenty of CNS based people hanging around in there.