PDA

View Full Version : Numbulwar Airport

outnabout
11th May 2020, 07:24
Reports of a Cherokee Six in distress at Nulumbar Airport.

Passengers have thoughtfully posted photos of a Cherokee Six on the edge of the runway, with police standing round.

Who would want to be an air charter business with “friends” like that?.

Desert Flower
13th May 2020, 08:03
Warning. Be very cautious around the particular individual who posted these photos.

Lol why? Is she going to stick you with a needle or something?!

DF.

Desert Flower
13th May 2020, 08:04
Yep. Photos posted by a nurse that works up there. She has caused issues for people around the aviation industry.

How so?

DF.

Octane
13th May 2020, 13:26
Spent 10 days at Numbulwar a while ago visiting my pilot bro. It was an airstrip then, "airport" sounds a bit grandiose :-)
Was the venue of my only taxiing, takeoff and landing. I remember laying out flares at night and losing my fish to creatures unknown before I could reel them in. And being warned by locals about crocs at the boat ramp.
Fond memories..

aroa
13th May 2020, 22:51
Octane ... you'd make a good politician. You havent answered the question.!

mcoates
14th May 2020, 05:33
Google cant even find the place ???

On eyre
14th May 2020, 06:14
Google cant even find the place ???

Can when I try it - not Nulumbar though 🤪

Hamley
16th May 2020, 11:10
If you don’t know where Numbulwar is, you probably don’t need to!

Seaeagle109
16th May 2020, 12:22
I know where Numbulwar is, but I wish I didn’t; just another NT sh*thole.

C441
17th May 2020, 01:30
Is there still a charter pilot based at Numbuls?
Tillair had a pilot based there from about 1980 and there was a pilot based there for many years before that. It was not unusual for the Numbuls based pilot to make a last light charter dash to Groote and 'unfortunately' be forced to overnight at Alyangula with the Groote based pilot (me for some of that time!).:)

I was also once told a very funny story of 'empties' (VB cans, bundy bottles…..) being disposed of in the ceiling of the pilot's house. This was only uncovered when the community received a government grant and demolished the house and others to build some new ones. 20+ years of empties exploded from roof as a dozer tore into the frame!