PDA

View Full Version : Airside Marshall/Safety Operator

flyingfrog
13th Aug 2002, 23:20
Could someone let me know what sort of salary an Airside Marshall/Safety Operator could expect to receive? and give me an example of the shift patterns?

What are the prospects of promotion and is this a good area to work?

Navy_Adversary
18th Aug 2002, 10:51
FF sorry didn't see you request:o

Spitoon
20th Aug 2002, 18:53
.No-one seems to want to answer. It's not really my area but I'll offer some very ball park figures based on what and who I know from a few airports.

Marshaller - £17 to £25K (maybe £30K) if you work directly for the airport and not a handling agent - largely depending on size of aircraft/airport and sort of shift pattern.

Safety Operator is a bit of a odd title - you'll probably find something called an Airside Safety or Ops Manager at bigger airports. Responsibilities vary greatly as does pay but top salary for shift position would probably be up to £40K-ish.

Problem is that vacancies are few and far between, and usually filled from within by someone who knows the airport and how it works. Also there are usually many applicants that are prepared to work for way below what should be market rate given the responsibilities and this keeps salaries low at many airports
Like I say, very ball park but if no-one with up to date gen will answer I hope it helps.