PDA

View Full Version : any BBJ jobs out there???

Tooth_fairy
28th Apr 2020, 16:32
Hi to you all,

I am doing a fix 15/15 roster on the B737 and looking for a side job on the BBJ in Europe. (AOC or Private Owner)

Does anybody know who is hiring/looking for an FO these days? (EASA licensed, experienced)

Any help would be appreciated.

Dutchman
28th Apr 2020, 18:34
Of course we would be glad to help and adapt our schedules to make sure it works with your other job. Especially considering this would be only a side job for you. I will tell the other vastly experienced pilots out of work its better for you to have this job as you apparently are thoroughly qualified with a 3 line post on PPRUNE. Maybe I can organise a company car as well and let me know any other benefits you need like 5* hotels and full medical insurance. Like the Tooth fairy I suggest you stop believing in fantasies.

atalanta89
29th Apr 2020, 07:49
Of course we would be glad to help and adapt our schedules to make sure it works with your other job. Especially considering this would be only a side job for you. I will tell the other vastly experienced pilots out of work its better for you to have this job as you apparently are thoroughly qualified with a 3 line post on PPRUNE. Maybe I can organise a company car as well and let me know any other benefits you need like 5* hotels and full medical insurance. Like the Tooth fairy I suggest you stop believing in fantasies.

How can you be so frustrated?

His dudeness
29th Apr 2020, 10:36
I figure thats quite easy in the current situation...

EatMyShorts!
29th Apr 2020, 10:43
Really? What's happening?

Dutchman
29th Apr 2020, 12:22
Not at all and I am offering help by my suggestion as requested. I am in a position of hiring just amazes me the unprofessionalism and disillusion of some colleagues who think a quick post on PPRuNe will be the magical answer. Even a simple google search will give you more answers to current BBJ jobs. Further by suggesting something as a side job to do shows little respect for our profession and jobs. It also assumes a company would be waiting for the opportunity to hire you and adapt to your requirements so you can keep flying 2 jobs. As for the timing of this request of a side job, it shows little understanding of the current hiring climate we find ourselves in with lots of qualified pilots looking or soon to be out of work. Not to mention as it is a side job you would probably offer to work for less pay or even free.
Just my 50 cents

Boldpilot2000
3rd May 2020, 00:39
https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/10656

FlyTCI
3rd May 2020, 20:21
Well, as someone who lost his BBJ gig 10 months ago due to the plane being sold and then got screwed by Corona as the European B737 summer contract I had been offered cancelled would love to have ONE job to be able to feed and pay for the roof over the heads of my family.

I applied to the job above, but I doubt they will contact me as I am probably over qualified judged by what the ad says.

As mentioned above, it’s incredible how tone deaf some can be in an environment like this. It’s not the first example of this which I have seen over the last few weeks. The “all about me” attitude is alive and well even in difficult times like these.

Tooth_fairy
4th May 2020, 07:27
Thank you for sharing Boldpilot2000

bizjetway
4th May 2020, 14:12
The BBJ pilot market is a very closed community. The only good jobs going are NEVER advertised. Recruitment happens through word of mouth and through personal recommendation.

dirk85
4th May 2020, 18:20
That’s true for every half decent bizjet position. The good ones are filled without the opening being published, and if they get published, it’s just a formality, the vacancy has been filled already.
The ones you see on latestpilotjobs are usually the companies with revolving doors, mostly.