Tactical Air Land Command Element..
Nuff said.

ORAC
13th Aug 2002, 20:03
Except for the USAF:

Fact Sheet - Air Mobility Command
Office of Public Affairs Scott Air Force Base, Ill. 62225-5335 (618) 256-5003

TANKER AIRLIFT CONTROL ELEMENT (TALCE)

A Tanker Airlift Control Element is a deployed Air Mobility Command organization established at fixed, en route, and deployed locations where AMC operational support is non-existent or insufficient. The TALCE provides continuing on-site management of AMC airfield operations including command and control, communications, aerial port services, maintenance, security, weather, and intelligence -- those critical elements needed to ensure safe and highly efficient air base for all tanker and airlift operations, A TALCE is composed of mission support elements from various units and deploys in support of contingency/emergency relief operations on both a planned and "no-notice" basis.

AMC, as the air component of the U.S. Transportation Command, provides our military forces the ability to rapidly mobilize and deploy in support of national objectives. To manage, coordinate and control that air mobility mission, AMC established a global command and control (C2) network of fixed and deployable elements. One of the key deployable elements is the TALCE. The TALCE is a composite organization consisting of command and control by a TALCE cadre and essential mission support elements. The organizational structure of a deployed TALCE mirrors that of a typical air wing, with the TALCE cadre providing command and operations functions and deployed maintenance and aerial port personnel providing maintenance and cargo and passenger handling duties. This compact force deploys to locations where a fixed AMC C2 and support structure is limited or nonexistent. The TALCE is part of the AMC Mission Support Force. The TALCE cadre are those individuals assigned to active duty Airlift Control Squadrons and to Air Reserve Component Airlift Control Flights.

Fact Sheet (http://www.usafe.af.mil/atlas/TALCE.htm)

WhichWay?
13th Aug 2002, 21:46
There was me thinking it was Tactical Airlift Control Element! But then again no-one will find out 'cos its never going to get officially funded.

As usual it's something that exists but no-one wants to pay for. Therefore they have no kit, training, CONOPs, officially nominated personnel...the list goes on.

LunchMonitor
13th Aug 2002, 21:47
I was a member of TALCE when came into being (Formerly the JAOC) and can exclusively reveal that it stands for:

Totally
Apathetic
Loadmasters
Controlling
Everything

The new name was announced with the fatal words "you wont make that stand for anything stupid"..........true, well for the first ten seconds anyway!

EESDL
14th Aug 2002, 13:30
Have to disagree.......during my fantastic time wiping aircrew ****s for them during Jan/Feb02 (I was ashamed to be one myself at the time)......it stands for:
The Aircrew Liaison Committee for Escaping

Specaircrew
14th Aug 2002, 22:06
Nah, it's what you used to get for Xmas off your Auntie.