PDA

View Full Version : CAA Charges

Topcat01
27th Apr 2020, 16:26
At this unprecedented time due to the Covid 19 crisis the UK CAA are sending out invoices demanding immediate payment
This is contrary to the Government Covid 19 policy and is not in line with the approach from other European Authorities.
Can the industry come together unilaterally to challenge this situation .

paco
27th Apr 2020, 16:55
So they've run out of cash? I have never agreed with the idea that the CAA should be profit-making. Yes, it should be run in a businesslike manner in terms of not wasting money, but it has the same status as a public toilet (sorry for the analogy) - it's there because you want or need it and should be buoyed up by the government anyway.

phil

helimutt
28th Apr 2020, 09:47
At this unprecedented time due to the Covid 19 crisis the UK CAA are sending out invoices demanding immediate payment
This is contrary to the Government Covid 19 policy and is not in line with the approach from other European Authorities.
Can the industry come together unilaterally to challenge this situation .

They could, but as I’m sure you already know, they wont.

timprice
28th Apr 2020, 11:03
They should be in line with government polices.
Especially now.

Topcat01
29th Apr 2020, 07:55
Thank you for stating the facts that we are all aware of
The purpose of the post was to try and find a way of helping the UK helicopter industry as currently our European Authorities are

chopjock
29th Apr 2020, 10:18
m32k
and UK CAA will leave EASA at the end of this year.
After that date you'll have to pay in advance for their services.

That's good. It will be worth it to be unshackled from an unelected, unaccountable, undemocratic, corrupt, bureaucratic, autocratic, kleptocratic, protectionist, greedy, dictatorial foreign power and make our own rules...

paco
29th Apr 2020, 13:51
Is that Europe or the CAA? :)

timprice
29th Apr 2020, 16:49
CAA should stick to enforcement and someone else should be brought in to write the rules:D

FC80
29th Apr 2020, 17:25
m32k

That's good. It will be worth it to be unshackled from an unelected, unaccountable, undemocratic, corrupt, bureaucratic, autocratic, kleptocratic, protectionist, greedy, dictatorial foreign power and make our own rules...

:ok::} Made me chuckle.

Evil Twin
30th Apr 2020, 10:22
m32k

Right on!!!!!!!!:D The common market was always a good idea, a United States of Europe was never going to work.

timprice
4th May 2020, 08:24
Why are the CAA not issuing an extension as they have done for everything else to November?

GC47G
5th May 2020, 03:12
I’m surprised during these unprecedented times there not flinging more bodies at the job because that’s there usual practice !.