PDA

View Full Version : Concorde History

757hopeful
23rd Apr 2020, 03:49
Good morning all. Not sure where the best place to post this, so please move thread if required.

I’m trying to create a concise list of historical safety cards, specifically for the British Airways Concorde. While I know the ‘hobby’ of safety card collecting is a contentious subject for the most part, my goal is not to encourage or condone the taking of safety cards from in-service aircraft. More so to reach out to people who may have had some involvement with or who themselves are the holders of such items.

I did contact BA themselves who passed me onto the BA heritage collection and I am planning a visit when it is next possible, to have a ‘fact-finding’ day out. I have also tried to contact the companies responsible for the manufacture of the cards but most are no longer trading.

Is there anyone who already has or knows best on how I would go about collating an accurate list of the history of these cards? I’m looking for: Issue number, date, manufacturer, colour variations, wether they were laminated or not and where possible a relatively good quality image, front and reverse of the actual cards.

Secondly if there is anyone who is in possession of any BA Concorde cards and would like to sell, I would be extremely interested in getting in touch.

My end goal is to have an exhaustive portfolio of every version of the safety cards, as the various liveries and logos changed, and potentially loan them to a collection to be displayed as part of a history of Concorde. Somewhere like Brooklands or even the BA heritage collection. I’ve been fortunate to have had the chance to speak with many people who used to work with or on Concorde and through conversations with them m, been given the chance to add to my collection.

I’ll accept any and all flack for having involvement in a very ‘niche’ ‘hobby’. What started out as a thoughtful gift has turned into a collection!

Any and all help appreciated, thanks in advance.

ZFT
23rd Apr 2020, 06:02
Good morning all. Not sure where the best place to post this, so please move thread if required.

I’m trying to create a concise list of historical safety cards, specifically for the British Airways Concorde. While I know the ‘hobby’ of safety card collecting is a contentious subject for the most part, my goal is not to encourage or condone the taking of safety cards from in-service aircraft. More so to reach out to people who may have had some involvement with or who themselves are the holders of such items.

I did contact BA themselves who passed me onto the BA heritage collection and I am planning a visit when it is next possible, to have a ‘fact-finding’ day out. I have also tried to contact the companies responsible for the manufacture of the cards but most are no longer trading.

Is there anyone who already has or knows best on how I would go about collating an accurate list of the history of these cards? I’m looking for: Issue number, date, manufacturer, colour variations, wether they were laminated or not and where possible a relatively good quality image, front and reverse of the actual cards.

Secondly if there is anyone who is in possession of any BA Concorde cards and would like to sell, I would be extremely interested in getting in touch.

My end goal is to have an exhaustive portfolio of every version of the safety cards, as the various liveries and logos changed, and potentially loan them to a collection to be displayed as part of a history of Concorde. Somewhere like Brooklands or even the BA heritage collection. I’ve been fortunate to have had the chance to speak with many people who used to work with or on Concorde and through conversations with them m, been given the chance to add to my collection.

I’ll accept any and all flack for having involvement in a very ‘niche’ ‘hobby’. What started out as a thoughtful gift has turned into a collection!

Any and all help appreciated, thanks in advance.

I was presented with a G-BSST safety card by Brian T after a flight in Concorde during trials at JNB in 73 ish. Still have it and intent to keep it. Happy to send you a scan.

757hopeful
23rd Apr 2020, 10:33
I was presented with a G-BSST safety card by Brian T after a flight in Concorde during trials at JNB in 73 ish. Still have it and intent to keep it. Happy to send you a scan.

This is exactly what I’m looking for!

I’d very much appreciate that, thank you. I’ll PM email