PDA

View Full Version : Can g--gle do this?

finfly1
21st Apr 2020, 16:14
The answer, irrespective of the actual specifics of my question is turning into an almost terrifying ‘yes’.

Opinion- I have watched g change from a fantastically useful tool to a grotesque, horrifying presence that has developed powers way beyond those of many elected governments, and accordingly I do my very best to avoid any interaction with it, if possible.
[looks like software won't let me edit obvious typo in thread title]

I learned on these pages that it can often identify a photo and display other similar ones.

My question is: Can g identify a sound, such as a piece of music or specifically a bird call? If so, how does one use this feature? (Answer for dummies please). At this point I don’t even WANT to know whether it can identify a particular individual by a speech fragment....

jimjim1
21st Apr 2020, 18:20
Shazam has been identifying music for decades (1999). They started with a call in service, you phoned them, let it listen to the music and they sent you a text identifying the music. You paid for the phone call I think it was.

Now Shazam is all internet-ed up and it identifies a piece of music from a very few seconds of it, from anywhere in the piece.

Apple now own Shazam.

So for sure google can identify music if they choose to.

trim it out
21st Apr 2020, 18:29
So for sure google can identify music if they choose to.
"Hey Google, what song is this?"
More accurate than Shazam I have found recently.