PDA

View Full Version : CFI rating in europe

Amely
19th Apr 2020, 20:07
Hello

i am looking for a good place where to do the cfi rating in Europe. In France it's way too expensive, so I would be looking somewhere over Eastern Europe maybe.
I. Heard about cavok in Hungary but can't find any feedback ?

Do do you have some places to recommend with good pric and good quality training ?

thanks !

planesandthings
20th Apr 2020, 01:14
I can't help your enquiry but to be slightly pedantic do remember that when you are asking european schools, you are looking for an FI rating not CFI in EASA.
CFI is an american term, though I have heard some organisations where to become Chief Flying Instructor you do need an additional boxtick rating!

Flyfede80
20th Apr 2020, 08:44
Dear Amely, there're a lot of Eastern Europe and Spanish schools that offer the FI(A) rating, but, i suggest you to check their international students experience...due to problems related to your licence and the examiner notification procedure for the FI exams...it could be a problem, if the ATO is not familiar with the EASA procedures.

Airgus
20th Apr 2020, 20:13
Hello

i am looking for a good place where to do the cfi rating in Europe. In France it's way too expensive, so I would be looking somewhere over Eastern Europe maybe.
I. Heard about cavok in Hungary but can't find any feedback ?
Do do you have some places to recommend with good pric and good quality training ?
thanks !

Amely, you need to consider several factors.
If you can, try to do the course in the ATO that will give you a chance to fly for them, either full time employment or under self-employment.

Location and Weather are another important factors for the FIC, now in summer there are many options with continuos good weather. If you do the FIC in winter it will take longer but not necessarily cheaper (more money in accommodation/traveling). With luck, expect a duration of 5 weeks full time (2 flights a day 5 days a week, mixing it with ground school) with weather interruptions more than two months.

Going back to the first point, remember that after doing the FIC you will be restricted, and in order to remove that restriction you need FI flying experience (100 hours and 25* supervised solos), as FI(R) you are not authorised to release the following: first solos, first solo nav or first solo NVFR.
Even after your restriction is removed, expect to continue growing as FI well after the 1000 hours.
If you are just an FI(R), the job hunting will be difficult, hence my advice in trying to negotiate with the ATO where you do the FIC to work for at least 6 months or a season (next season you will be hunting for FI jobs unrestricted). It will make a big difference.

Expect a low salary at start, after the restriction is removed you will get a better pay rate, therefore keep a back up job/income or good savings to sustain yourself for 6 months.

The same way you pick your wines under budget, if in doubt, do not go for the cheap bottle, get the mid-range one.

ced0802
1st May 2020, 09:37
The question is, will there be any FI position still opening considering a LOT of unemployed pilot will go that direction in the meantime

Banana Joe
1st May 2020, 10:40
Do the course where you can have job prospects.

Amely
2nd May 2020, 08:31
Thank you all for your different answers. I am well aware of everything you said, the risks and limitations. I am just trying to get feedbacks from schools in Hungary, or any other school where the training is fine.
Thank you!