PDA

View Full Version : What Are The Most Exciting Flying Jobs for EU Nationals?

Topgun737
19th Apr 2020, 09:51
Hey folks, apologies for 3 topics in a row.

What are the most exciting flying jobs (and specifically which companies) for which EU Nationals would qualify? Irrespective of experience requirements. Is there anything interesting and challenging outside of bush flying in Africa?

Cheers!

what next
19th Apr 2020, 11:52
Hello!

Well, number one (for me...) would certainly be "Astronaut with the European Space Agency". During training they teach you how to fly a Soyuz capsule so some flying is involved. The other two I don't know. I am not really after "excitement" and in times like ours "job security" and decent pay are higher on my priority list.

Regards
Max

3MTA3
21st Apr 2020, 16:25
Firefighting is quite exciting.

Richard101
22nd Apr 2020, 15:08
Wonder if you can play "War Thunder" professionally - about the only flying related activity that can deemed exciting at the moment.

Welle
22nd Apr 2020, 15:52
...well - the most exciting one this time:
Cavok from t/o to landing, APU and toilet, legs between 3 and 5 hrs, decent food and good rest thereafter.

Welle

Daddy Fantastic
23rd Apr 2020, 09:07
Leaving the EU and literally going anywhere else on earth....The EU and Europe in general is just one giant disaster zone!!

Less Hair
23rd Apr 2020, 09:11
Flight ambulance helicopter pilot. However this might require some prior military career for the flight hours and special qualifications, like mountain, sea, night vision and such?

macdo
24th Apr 2020, 08:00
I would have thought any flying job which continues to put money in your bank account each month is pretty exciting these days.!

Tommy Gavin
24th Apr 2020, 08:08
Leaving the EU and literally going anywhere else on earth....The EU and Europe in general is just one giant disaster zone!!
So where would you Daddy? China, South East Asia, the fantastic Middle East, Africa, Russia or win the green card lottery and head West?

Dont worry
24th Apr 2020, 14:53
What about flying the DC3 or the Twotter for the Fritz Wegener Institut in the Artic?

FlightDetent
24th Apr 2020, 15:06
If you found the most exciting one, surely it's all downhill from there? Careful what you wish for.

My personal greatest respect goes to MedEvac heli ops. Hard work, top skills, meagre terms, and on many a day even everyone's blessed best would not make enough of a difference. Tough love.

His dudeness
25th Apr 2020, 07:56
What about flying the DC3 or the Twotter for the Fritz Wegener Institut in the Artic?

These jobs are melting away soon, "they" say...