PDA

View Full Version : Changes at The Vintage Aviator Ltd

Kiwithrottlejockey
17th Apr 2020, 02:49
An inside source tells me The Vintage Aviator Limited has terminated the employment a large proportion of their staff at their Rongotai factory where they have been building reproduction WWI aeroplanes and restoring the real thing. I first heard the rumours a couple of weeks ago, followed by further info from someone in the know. Now, if you go to their website and check out the Latest News, it confirms it...

• The Vintage Aviator Ltd (http://www.thevintageaviator.co.nz/)

I have a feeling they may simply be using convid-19 as an excuse as they have virtually run out of room for any more aeroplanes at their Hood Aerodrome operational base in Wairarapa. There are a large number of new and restored airframes stored unassembled because there is nowhere to put them if they are assembled. So perhaps the collection has reached it's final size-limit? Who knows … I guess only time will tell.

Quemerford
17th Apr 2020, 09:04
Related news at the Wingnut Wings scale aircraft kit manufacturer: many mistook a Covid-19 shutdown with the company ceasing operations. All very sad but hopefully not the case with TVAL (both are Peter Jackson projects).