PDA

View Full Version : FOs and general aviation in RUSSIA

Neufunk
17th Apr 2020, 01:28
Hey,

I hope this finds everyone well and healthy during these troubled times.

I have a few questions regarding some aspects of the Russian flight deck sector, and I am having quite a hard time finding this information on the internet with my limited skills of Russian.

Can somebody please shed some light on the situation of foreign (= no Russian citizenship) first officers in Russia? I heard that they are banned by the Russian government, and most job listings have RF citizenship as a requirement. However, I haven't managed to find an official document/decree.

My second question is with regard to the general aviation market in Russia. I know that there are sightseeing flights in the North (learned about them from the crazy story of a Dutch pilot) and that there are survey operations in the Far East / Siberia. However, very little is to be found on the requirements for these jobs. Could somebody please give some insight on this matter?

RomanK
17th Apr 2020, 20:16
About your first question it is Air Law, article 56 stating that the flight crew member should have the Russian citizenship and there is an exception for captains only:
http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_13744/b541b06f9bc83965fafc82980e53890f1a4a26d3/

May be the easiest way to step in is to fly a bizjet under an offshore flag and be based in Russia. If you can find your first job there...

For sightseeing flights and forest air patrol, there is no way I guess, because, regarding the exception for captains above, it is like a quota and the procedure is affordable only for big players, not for an owner of a pair of C172