PDA

View Full Version : a new pilot has been born

low n' slow
13th Aug 2002, 13:52
Finished and passed the CPL integrated course today!!!
Just had to let some of the happiness out:D

best regards to you all/lns

Pilot16
13th Aug 2002, 14:06
Congratulations!

FlyingForFun
13th Aug 2002, 14:36
Congrats Low+Slow - didn't even know you were doing your CPL!

So are you looking for new work now? Or did you go through the pain of getting a CPL for fun? :D

FFF
--------------

AerBabe
13th Aug 2002, 18:20
Uh oh.... ;)

(well done :) )

InFinRetirement
13th Aug 2002, 18:40
Welldone L&S. Good day for you eh?

tacpot
13th Aug 2002, 19:32
Many congratulations on the acheivement. Any chance of a description of the test and your experiences on your course?

foghorn
14th Aug 2002, 07:56
Well done!!! Enjoy the blue licence. You deserve it.

cheers!
foggy.

Pauliejet
14th Aug 2002, 09:00
Congrats, suppose we'll be seeing you downroute soon! Best wishes...

Jinkster
14th Aug 2002, 17:09
Congratulations - in the middle of the theory at the moment and you have just proved it can be done :D :D

Bloomin' instruments :mad:

low n' slow
14th Aug 2002, 20:31
Thanx all!

Tacpot: The final skill test was VERY basic! The weather however left some visability and a reasonable cloudbase to be desired! I recall making note of the best visability during the flight which was about 5 NM. Not much! We did some turns, clibing and descending and some instrument flying (sweden is one of the few countries that issue CPL's without an IR!!!). It all went well, not brilliantly, but not bad. After that it was basic emergency procedures and some minor faults to solve.
The actual skill test was much easier than some of the more demanding flights done during the training phase. But I think it depends alot on who your examiner is. Mine was splendid and it turned out to be one of my old flying teachers from the PPL phase of training so the cockpit environment was pleasantly relaxed.

As for the whole course, I think its the best thing I've ever done. Since it is government paid (A long story about swedens government giving CPL's to A-level students during school without ME or IR or anything else that you need to get a job!), I haven't spent anything economically for my licenses. It is demanding and at times you wonder what you're actually into. But you push yourself to new limits and grow better at taking stress. However, calling it an integrated course is wrong as little of the theory is connected to the type of flying that you do. And being on a schedule makes it rather stressful aswell, both on the flying side and theorywise.

Since I haven't got any of the other ratings I need to even be considered by a company I have decided to wait a bit and see what happens with the industry. In the meantime I shall build some hrs towing gliders with some friends. I shall try to get familiarised with the Cub this weekend! (however, towing is done with a pawnee on our club)

That's about all I can muster up right now! hope you got some answers tacpot and tanx again all! keep up the work and keep 'em flying!

regards/lns

tacpot
14th Aug 2002, 22:47
Thanks for the update. It was interesting to hear that the final test was not too demanding, compared to the training that had gone before.

Enjoy the Cub - a great aircraft.

FlyingForFun
15th Aug 2002, 08:01
Low n' Slow - hey, how can I get the Swedish government to get me a free CPL? Do I have to move to Sweden? I'm sure I could manage that - especially with all those Swedish girls around!

I was very confused by your name, though - thought you were someone else. Until you said you were in Sweden, and the guy I'm thinking of isn't in Sweden. A quick check revealed that I was confusing you with a certain "LowNSlow" :eek:

Well done again...

FFF
----------

low n' slow
16th Aug 2002, 07:40
Probably so FFF!

I don't think you can get the swedish government to give you a CPL just like that. There are two schools in sweden that offer A-level type studies (called gymnasium in sweden) parallell with CPL studies. To qualify for this I believe you need to be a swedish citizen. You also need good grades from the swedish primary school aswell as good results from a psycho. evaluation. It's not really that easy. And on top of all that it means that you can be a maximum of 18 yrs old when you apply. But if you fill these requirements, go ahead.

regards/lns