PDA

View Full Version : Transfer JCAB 737 Rating to CASA (Aust) ATPL

arrow28
15th Apr 2020, 01:23
I am looking at transferring the 73 from my Japanese ATPL to my Australian ATPL. The CASA paperwork indicates that I need to authorise the release of information regarding the type rating from JCAB. However I have been told that I have to first approach JCAB to authorise them to release the documentation required before completing the CASA paperwork. If anybody has recently gone through this process of converting type ratings from JCAB to CASA and could enlighten me regarding the procedure it would be appreciated.

Regards arrow

20th Apr 2020, 03:31
I am looking at transferring the 73 from my Japanese ATPL to my Australian ATPL. The CASA paperwork indicates that I need to authorise the release of information regarding the type rating from JCAB. However I have been told that I have to first approach JCAB to authorise them to release the documentation required before completing the CASA paperwork. If anybody has recently gone through this process of converting type ratings from JCAB to CASA and could enlighten me regarding the procedure it would be appreciated.

Regards arrow

no funny release or authorisations required.

i did the same a while ago. The paperwork might lead you to believe that’s the case but it’s not.

i can’t remember the form right now but all you need to do is fill it out, send it in with copies of your logbook pages and that’s it.

pm me of you get stuck