PDA

View Full Version : Red Arrows - doing their bit.

EricsLad
14th Apr 2020, 19:56
Please excuse me for posting - perhaps the Red Arrows could display over towns and cities so that all could see from their back yards.
This could be as part of an organised effort, pre-publicised in aid of all doing their bit.

Wensleydale
14th Apr 2020, 21:23
Please excuse me for posting - perhaps the Red Arrows could display over towns and cities so that all could see from their back yards.
This could be as part of an organised effort, pre-publicised in aid of all doing their bit.

..and everyone would move to where they could see..... not a good plan for isolation. Health & Safety would have a field day even without movement restrictions.

Nige321
14th Apr 2020, 22:30
They're grounded and Scampton is closed. Nice idea, but...

Heliringer
15th Apr 2020, 03:28
9 Aircraft in close formation conducting aerobatics over densely populated areas.

You would actually get more noise complaints than thanks even if it was permitted.

Yeah......nah!

esscee
15th Apr 2020, 08:36
Friday 8th May midday will be fine. One day after the lockdown is partially lifted!

12 twists per inch
15th Apr 2020, 08:54
And what about the dozens Lads and Lasses that support the 9 Reds? Engineers, Opsies, Loggies, Air Tragic bods, Catering etc all social distancing to provide a mini airshow coz you're bored...

Chris Kebab
15th Apr 2020, 08:57
Friday 8th May midday will be fine. One day after the lockdown is partially lifted!
Totally agree, pointless right now IMHO; let's save them for the post-pandemic party. There will be one one day.

Toadstool
15th Apr 2020, 09:09
They're grounded and Scampton is closed. Nice idea, but...

Flying today, albeit in singleton. Keeping up currencies I expect.

Herod
15th Apr 2020, 10:13
I believe they can't do a show, because social distancing means they have to be 2m apart!!

Il Duce
15th Apr 2020, 19:04
Following questions recently in the Lincolnshire press regarding the Dead Sparrows continuing their practices while businesses and jobs are under threat, perhaps they could create more goodwill from the public by delivering groceries to vulnerable people. After they've got their currency sorted out, obviously.

Herod
16th Apr 2020, 10:07
I gather the aircraft are flying, but purely for crew currency reasons

EricsLad
16th Apr 2020, 16:08
12 twists per inch (https://www.pprune.org/members/121433-12-twists-per-inch) I am not bored, only boring people get bored.