PDA

View Full Version : European Flight Academy-ATPL program

albertmari
11th Apr 2020, 08:39
Hi everyone
I wanted to try the assessment at European Flight Academy-ATPL program but I have heard it is quite difficult to pass. How is the situation at that Academy for those that don't speak German?

Thanks for any info
Albert

DvEsp787
11th Apr 2020, 19:27
For Lufthansa's EFA ATPL Programme, you will need to speak German and/or Italian, French or Dutch. Any of them at a B2 Level, I believe that EFA slightly prefer students who can speak fluent German as they will end up in an airline where German is required to an extent, but it definitely does not hinder you chances of getting in EFA. As EFA also provides the option for them funding your ATPL and a job with the Lufthansa Group, the selection process is tough. The exams consist of electrical engineering, mechanical processes as well as heat and fluid dynamics. Then they will test your English; grammar and vocab. They will also hold an ADAPT test (aptitude test) to test your memory, multitasking and other cognitive skills. Don't forget math and logical skills. It is much more than what flight schools usually ask for.

I feel that if you are fluent in the topics stated above you could get past the first stage of the assessment.

If you are expecting to try out EFA within a year or two, I would suggest learning German to that required level of B2. The average time to reach that level is about 500–600 hours of study time which translates to about 6-8 months depending on your consistency. If you have the hang of learning other languages, then it may be shorter.

I assume that you have gone through their website regarding what comes in the exams and the stages of assesment, if not refer to the EFA website and look at their selection procedure.

I hope to join EFA but not any time soon. Good Luck!
This is all the info that I know about. If anyone would like to correct me, please feel free to.

albertmari
14th Apr 2020, 07:26
I am planning to try at EFA within 2020 and unfortunately I don'd speak German at all! Is it doable to enter the school and an airline of the group speaking only English and Italian, French or Dutch? For the assessment, do they use both Interpersonal basic qualification test and ADAPT?
Thanks
Albert

Boldpilot2000
16th Apr 2020, 19:53
I am planning to try at EFA within 2020 and unfortunately I don'd speak German at all! Is it doable to enter the school and an airline of the group speaking only English and Italian, French or Dutch? For the assessment, do they use both Interpersonal basic qualification test and ADAPT?
Thanks
Albert

The school is closed till end of august and no more tests being done until the end of this year. But you can put yourself on a waiting list, sorry for the bad news.

Flyfede80
20th Apr 2020, 08:48
Albert...the school is based on Lufthansa standard and property, you need to spoke a good German, 99% of the students comes from Germany or Swiss, so 1+1:2!

albertmari
24th Apr 2020, 08:46
Yeah, that's true..so we need to wait at least early 2021!

TFFF
25th Apr 2020, 05:00
Let me agree to disagree with what has been said regarding language requirements.
I am currently enrolled at the school, and on a forced vacation due to Covid19.
German is only required for the MPL program, and in the ATPL program (which I am a part of), you have people that do not speak any of the 4 languages mentioned above.
All they ask for is a minimum threshold in English proficiency and you good.

for the test, sky test is a good enough platform to get ready for what awaits you at the assessment.

cheers.

albertmari
29th Apr 2020, 16:10
Let's hope so! However I guess no assessments will be done in 2020 due to the corona..do you know anything about that?

Flyfede80
30th Apr 2020, 08:47
Dear TFFF....just to know...what's your citizen and original language?

alxc5
15th May 2020, 13:43
Hey guys, just got here on a lookout for EFA ATPL training program, the rules and requirements have changed right before COVID-19 outburst. Therefore, it is normal that the language requirement didn't exist nor didn't apply to TFFF's class, but they do now, including for us who have passed GQ but haven't begun training yet... (according to Petra, the sales manager from LAT). Also, the price has gone up from 60K to 90K MPL or ATPL.

albertmari
18th May 2020, 17:23
Does the ATPL at EFA currently cost 90K? Woww..:rolleyes:
Is the deferment option still available to fund the atpl training at EFA?