PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Salary with the Covid 19

737 CL
11th Apr 2020, 03:37
Hi,

Finally what is the plan of Ryanair after the 50% reduction of basic salary ?

Pumal1w
11th Apr 2020, 06:51
I’m pretty sure you won’t find the answer to that on a social media platform.

Indeed, the future plans of any European airline are probably not going to be revealed here either!

But if you’re after rumour/speculation/conjecture, then that’s different 🤣🤣

rotorwills
11th Apr 2020, 08:11
Isn’t the RYR basic salary quite low in comparison to other airlines? So a 50% cut to this is huge compared to others? 😬

Well not up to date with FR salary in truth, so only can say that it appears that they will husband their crew and be ready to take any advantage of the emerging difficulties being encountered by other airlines. The timings appear to have handed RyanAir distinctly better opportunities in what is going to be left in the European marketplace when we get out of isolation. What do they say? Luck of the Irish. !! Well it certainly looks like there's something in that. Lol

737 CL
11th Apr 2020, 23:53
Affirm , pilot2 the situation could be worse. Some people told me that FR suspended contracts in some countries without salary... 😖

Full_blast
12th Apr 2020, 10:17
Affirm , pilot2 the situation could be worse. Some people told me that FR suspended contracts in some countries without salary... 😖

Yep, you heard well, unfortunately.
That is the case of Spain where FOs on Ryanair direct contract can expect around 850€ net all coming from the government.
It is also worth mentioning the unpaid leave illegally assigned last month in Italy ignoring both the queries of their workforce and the unions. Some captains had even 3000 or 4000 euros deducted from their payslips, and I have seen a 103€ net pay check of a cabin crew.
I’m sure management is doing fine, even with a 50% pay cut.

ICEHOUSES
12th Apr 2020, 12:24
Well what do you guys expect, you all signed up to these contracts.

Tommy Gavin
12th Apr 2020, 14:56
No, there's no such thing as unpaid leave in Italy according to the employment laws and that was a breach of contract. When you sign a contract, you don't expect its clauses to be breached.
Well BJ, you clearly haven't worked for the Irish. Contracts are worth less then toilet paper, especially these days

FRogge
12th Apr 2020, 15:07
Does anyone working for FR in Italy actually have a Italian contract that follows Italian labour laws? Aren't all the contracts Irish!?

iome
12th Apr 2020, 15:10
Does anyone working for FR in Italy actually have a Italian contract that follows Italian labour laws? Aren't all the contracts Irish!?

All contracts in Italy are Maltese

737 CL
12th Apr 2020, 15:37
So,

in Italy Pilots receive 0 € due to illegal unpaid leave.
Does Italian government give any money to FR pilots?

In Spain 50% reduction of Basic salary ? Aprox 2000€ For Cap and 850€

is that correct ?

dirk85
12th Apr 2020, 18:29
In italy pilots will get 80% of their average payslip in the last 12 months, starting april. Paid by the state, since the company pays social security to those under direct contract

737 CL
12th Apr 2020, 18:41
But a lot of pilots in Italy have Malta Air contracts under these contracts Italy supported them ?

dirk85
12th Apr 2020, 18:52
Malta Air is a maltese AOC but taxes and social security are paid in italy in accordance with the local legislation like any other company based there, so employees are entitled to the same social benefits.

Usaf
12th Apr 2020, 18:55
In italy pilots will get 80% of their average payslip in the last 12 months, starting april. Paid by the state, since the company pays social security to those under direct contract

No...40% and then once approved FSTA the rest 60% considering 80% gross of previous year. Don't spread wrong info. My 2 cents

dirk85
12th Apr 2020, 19:03
It’s 80% of the average gross salary, how is that wrong? It turns out less than 80% net because of the different taxation of the cigs compared to the normal salary the way FR structured the contract. The money of the FSTA will be paid back in arrear.

737 CL
12th Apr 2020, 22:42
And what about Spain ?

dirk85
12th Apr 2020, 23:48
ERTE in Spain is capped at around 1000 eur net from what I understand.

737 CL
13th Apr 2020, 01:11
Fortunately in Italy are in better conditions !!!

Full_blast
13th Apr 2020, 07:37
ERTE in Spain is capped at around 1000 eur net from what I understand.

Correct. Capped at:
- 1098€ no kids
- 1254€ one kid
- 1411€ two kids or more

Above figures all gross.

In Spain, March salaries have been paid in full I was told, as opposed to Italy where the unpaid leave was illegally assigned and deducted from the total pay. However, state aids of Italy seem to be much better as described by Dirk85.

plikee
13th Apr 2020, 10:41
UK: 50% of the salary or as per the Job Retention Scheme (80% of wages capped to £2500, you must be furloughed meaning not providing a service but you can still receive training), whichever is higher. You will pay tax and national insurance.

FRogge
13th Apr 2020, 10:47
Is still the majority of FR pilots self employed contractors? I can imagine they are paid naught, or?

Full_blast
14th Apr 2020, 03:01
Is still the majority of FR pilots self employed contractors? I can imagine they are paid naught, or?

It depends. There are many more people with direct contracts than in the past days. In France and Germany there are no self employed contractors. In Italy the majority have direct contracts. A friend, who is with McGinley told me that the agency will pay 12h during these months and then will recoup them once they start flying again.

In Ryanair Sun (Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Bulgaria and probably some more Eastern European country I don’t remember), there are only contractors, who had a minimum guaranteed of 40h per month. When all of this started, they were quickly sent a shameful pdf to sign and send back, accepting the 40h to be reduced to 12h, otherwise face dismissal. Those working their notice period had their contracts immediately terminated with one day notice.

Full_blast
14th Apr 2020, 10:34
Contractors might now regret minimising tax by deliberately running their prior years accounts to show minimal profit - because in some countries there is government support for the self employed, but based on a percentage of previous years profits!

I absolutely agree with you, no doubt. I think some started regretting that already last summer where in certain bases the number of hours dropped dramatically.

It’s worth remembering that a great chunk of contractors did try to switch to a direct contract and were ignored/turned down based on the fact that there were “no vacancies” :confused:

Tommy Gavin
14th Apr 2020, 12:05
It’s worth remembering that a great chunk of contractors did try to switch to a direct contract and were ignored/turned down based on the fact that there were “no vacancies” :confused:
There were plenty of vacancies elsewhere. You can't be surprised by them treating you like ****. On the other hand, Ryanair is probably one of the very few companies that can afford to be grounded for an extensive time.

737 CL
21st Apr 2020, 21:35
For How long Italy and Spain is paying the ERTE or 80% of the salary ?

Kirks gusset
22nd Apr 2020, 09:39
Indeed, genuine self employed that are already established on the HMRC system and up to date with tax returns for previous years, will get 80 % of 3 months profit averaged over a year, capped at £2500 (which then becomes taxable) so no getting any with that, but if you are unfortunate enough to be a "Director" of some dodgy tax evasion scheme then expect some fairly detailed digging to occur before they pay you anything. The general advice seems to be if one falls in the later category, for the sake of a few months let sleeping dogs lay. Your silver lining may become your black cloud

Pilot2/b
22nd Apr 2020, 10:19
Indeed, genuine self employed that are already established on the HMRC system and up to date with tax returns for previous years, will get 80 % of 3 months profit averaged over a year, capped at £2500 (which then becomes taxable) so no getting any with that, but if you are unfortunate enough to be a "Director" of some dodgy tax evasion scheme then expect some fairly detailed digging to occur before they pay you anything. The general advice seems to be if one falls in the later category, for the sake of a few months let sleeping dogs lay. Your silver lining may become your black cloud
I fear very few will have a legitimate account set up with HMRC. Horrid situation 😔

dirk85
22nd Apr 2020, 10:27
For How long Italy and Spain is paying the ERTE or 80% of the salary ?

I dont know about Spain, but cassaintegrazione in Italy can last 24 months or even more if needed.

sdbelgium
22nd Apr 2020, 11:26
ERTE pays you 70% for up to six months and up to 50% after that. I think it’s limited to one year duration, but not 100% sure on that.

lederhosen
22nd Apr 2020, 11:40
It really is down to the luck of the draw as to what you get. Not to add too much doom and gloom, but there is also the question how the government is going to pay for all this, with reduced tax income etc. One option is a levy on people's assets. So you might have a dramatically reduced income and then have to pay 10% on the value of your house or your pension. I am just picking things at random, but the point remains that the trillions being pledged around the world are our money and will have to be paid back.

FlightDetent
22nd Apr 2020, 13:20
Post of the day, thread-independent.

Banana Joe
22nd Apr 2020, 14:29
Does anybody have the figures for a Malta Air contract in Italy? That is, in normal circumstances.

SAB
22nd Apr 2020, 15:08
Does anybody have the figures for a Malta Air contract in Italy? That is, in normal circumstances.

What do you want to know? Position?

Banana Joe
22nd Apr 2020, 15:33
What do you want to know? Position?
Ah yes, I should have mentioned FO. I was interested in basic salary and flight pay, plus the conditions for Fondo Volo and Sanivolo.

Banana Joe
22nd Apr 2020, 15:54
Thanks very much.

Banana Joe
22nd Apr 2020, 16:31
One further question: is the figures the same for crews based in MLA?

SAB
22nd Apr 2020, 18:01
One further question: is the figures the same for crews based in MLA?

no. Each country has its own CLA. Malta, Italy, France & Germany... vastly different!

737 CL
22nd Apr 2020, 18:15
Anybody have the Salary in figures for the Malta Air contract in Italy as Captain?

737 CL
22nd Apr 2020, 18:39
Many thanks Banana I think it is an old contract. Does anybody knows the average take home with Malta Air contract in Italy as Captain?

737 CL
27th Apr 2020, 13:29
They offered a new contract to sign with worst terms and conditions. If you don’t want to sign .... You are out.

PilotLZ
27th Apr 2020, 14:00
Does that mean no redundancies as of today? From recent interviews with MOL I was left with the impression that all jobs would be retained until June while they are supported by various government income preservation schemes and only after that decisions regarding redundancy would be made.

737 CL
27th Apr 2020, 14:44
I’ve heard the guaranteed Flight allowance is 12 hs ínstead of 40 hs in Buzz now.

dirk85
27th Apr 2020, 14:52
https://i.ibb.co/CKV30Wk/Schermata-2020-04-27-alle-16-51-04.png (https://ibb.co/VYMcB37)

PilotLZ
27th Apr 2020, 17:07
Any rumours about who got terminated? LIFO? Bases with less demand? Those who held contracts with superior T&Cs?

Saulman
2nd May 2020, 14:52
Does anyone have any insight where the Contractors within Ryanair would stand in comparison to employees if there is to be mass redundancies issued. I’ve heard it mentioned previously Contractors have to go first.

plikee
2nd May 2020, 16:22
Does anyone have any insight where the Contractors within Ryanair would stand in comparison to employees if there is to be mass redundancies issued. I’ve heard it mentioned previously Contractors have to go first.

That's what everyone thinks but not what the law states, at least in the UK. There are a lot a variables but rule of thumb, no.