PDA

View Full Version : W A Borders 'Closed'.....How does this affect you?

Ex FSO GRIFFO
6th Apr 2020, 07:45
Well, WEF 2359 last night, Sun 5th Apr. The WA Premier effectively 'closed up' WA.'s Inter-State Borders.

Local travel within WA was already 'closed' between the various 'State Regions'.

Except for freight and the occasional pax with a permit, not many flights from de East at all.

Is this an 'over-reaction' or do you reckon 'tis all 'fully justified'.

WA - now an island within an island...... Sorry Tassie, you've got yer own island.....Just keep sending yer mussels and yer salmon......

Cheeeerrrrssssssss.............

Buttscratcher
6th Apr 2020, 08:05
So was Queensland last week.
WA didn't invent this, but for a second opinion, just ask them again.

greybeard
6th Apr 2020, 08:12
Independence is next???

Left 270
6th Apr 2020, 08:13
Queensland has been open to residents, my understanding is WA isn’t?

Buttscratcher
6th Apr 2020, 08:32
True, true enough...so they did re-invent the wheel!

Square Bear
6th Apr 2020, 08:39
Always has been, is now, and always will be, Western Australia....... and the rest of Australia.

machtuk
6th Apr 2020, 08:49
It's like now living in a communist country! The hysteria is spreading faster than the virus!

Andre Meyer
6th Apr 2020, 09:46
It's like now living in a communist country! The hysteria is spreading faster than the virus!

​​​​​​I'm afraid you will find the hysteria ends up causing more damage as well

vne165
6th Apr 2020, 12:02
Yesterday, God was seen walking around in Western Australia.
"What are you doing here?" he was asked.
"Working from home" came the reply.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
6th Apr 2020, 13:06
BEST response yet.......Mr 'V'......

Cheers

Switchbait
6th Apr 2020, 14:16

I live in a communist country, no hysteria here....

nomorecatering
11th Apr 2020, 05:57
Are all state roads crossing the NSW/QLD border closed. A contact of mine asked me if he could get into QLD by light aircraft like routing Bourke to Charlieville. No radar, no plan. No one knows etc.

dr dre
11th Apr 2020, 07:09
I live in a communist country, no hysteria here....

Where the police are doing internal ID checks, where the government is subsidising industry and paychecks and spending public money by the bucketload, a media that basically pushes the same message and no matter who you vote for the policies are basically the same?

Is it called Australia? Actually no we’re far more susceptible to media driven hysteria, I guess that’s a by product of “western freedom”...,.

Ironpot
11th Apr 2020, 07:16
Are all state roads crossing the NSW/QLD border closed. A contact of mine asked me if he could get into QLD by light aircraft like routing Bourke to Charlieville. No radar, no plan. No one knows etc.

I saw security meet a Bo on the apron at YBRK the other day - just in from NSW - not sure of the outcome but it left rather sharpish from whence it came.

tail wheel
11th Apr 2020, 08:41

Probably due to that type of comment?

Good luck with that! :rolleyes: The Army are now assisting the Police in monitoring cross border activity into Queensland. Bring return fuel, your contact will need it! :=

Lookleft
11th Apr 2020, 08:45
That most laid back of communities aka The Dutch, are using military police to monitor their borders.

longjohn
11th Apr 2020, 11:17
Yesterday, God was seen walking around in Western Australia.
"What are you doing here?" he was asked.
"Working from home" came the reply.

love it!

but he better have a passport nonetheless

Derfred
11th Apr 2020, 19:07

If he brings his mobile phone, then they know.

Just saying...

RodH
11th Apr 2020, 23:07
Your contact is showing a complete disregard for the health of others when he wants to circumvent a system that’s designed to help stop the infections.
What a disgraceful selfish prick he is , I hope you told him to f#### off and start thinking of the well-being of others.
He would be the first one to scream for help if he copped the virus.
if he doesn’t qualify for an entry permit then tell him to f#### off , we don’t need his type in Queensland or anywhere for that matter.

galdian
12th Apr 2020, 02:27
The above all assuming it wasn't just a hypothetical question he posed....

Mobile phones - wouldn't they (whomever "they" are) have to tell the phone where you SHOULD be so they can ask why you aren't there? Just wondering.

Thing that interests me is that we have three levels of government, in times of war the federal government is responsible for Australia.
One may quibble about specific terminology but we are certainly dealing with something that affects Australia as a whole.

Yet we have the states going off on tangents with their own decisions, sometimes against the medical consensus (closing schools when appeared advice was otherwise), border controls and intrastate restrictions for some, no border controls for others (does Victoria have any border restrictions so far?) etc etc.

Why?
Cheers.

Icarus2001
12th Apr 2020, 08:56
Yet we have the states going off on tangents with their own decisions, sometimes against the medical consensus (closing schools when appeared advice was otherwise), border controls and intrastate restrictions for some, no border controls for others (does Victoria have any border restrictions so far?) etc etc Well, that is the history of "the lucky country" right there.

Case in point THREE rail gauges in ONE country.

Pinky the pilot
12th Apr 2020, 10:12
Case in point THREE rail gauges in ONE country.

With South Australia, IIRC, being the only State to have all three in it!:rolleyes: