PDA

View Full Version : Loads of Surveying going on.

SpringHeeledJack
5th Apr 2020, 14:36
So far today alone in the London area, there has been a Dutch aircraft whizzing around at 1,100ft direct from and back to Holland, a Swiss aircraft at 12,000ft doing N/S patterns, again directly from and back to Switzerland, several UK based aircraft doing surveying, and when I had a cursory look at Europe, most of the EU countries have several aircraft doing the same. I can appreciate that the skies are much less crowded, but for there to be such an increase seems curious. Are they all doing mapping, or is this to do with the current pandemic ?

treadigraph
5th Apr 2020, 14:58
I went out into the garden and waved at the Swiss PC-12 - pity the garden is such as mess... (my neighbour's fence panels on my "lawn", she thinks they are mine...)

Bergerie1
5th Apr 2020, 15:30
Probably measuring the exact self-distancing between cohabiting couples.

Asturias56
5th Apr 2020, 15:32
Sunny day, no interference - and still early enough to get pics before the trees come out - once the leaves are out you have to send in a ground surveyor to check what is underneath............. they probably think they've died and gone to heaven - jobs costed on normal ops and now you can a do them in 2 days!!!!!

sycamore
5th Apr 2020, 18:15
Counted at least 15 surveyors from Lithuania,across to UK...One of RVL`s pilots
should use the Callsign `Ironass` as he did 7.5 hrs in a C-404....

meleagertoo
5th Apr 2020, 21:10
How do you suppose we get Google earth and other such?
The really high definition stuff of most of Europe and USA isn't satellite derived...
With commercial airspace all but empty this is a time for the surveyors of all types to make hay while the sun shines.

Asturias56
6th Apr 2020, 07:43
especially when they can't go to the pub afterwards..............

sycamore
6th Apr 2020, 09:03
Must be difficult seeing the `flagman`,or flourbag at the end of each run.....!!