PDA

View Full Version : ASL Ireland

737 Jockey
4th Apr 2020, 19:21
Any comments on working for ASL, particularly Ireland? How’s the Management, T’s & C’s, roster, typical day (if there’s one), many overnights? Cheers.

Banana Joe
4th Apr 2020, 20:38
Overnights are in the aircraft, daystops in hotel.
The roster is 8/6​​​. They currently fly only for Amazon and apparently they fly close to 50 hours per month. The morale is very good.

For the Belgians the roster is random, around 30-35 hours per months on the FedEx network. Three or four weekend stops, otherwise weekends are off, unless there is a horse charter or NATO flight. Also here the morale is good.
​​​​
​​​​​​

​​​​​

737 Jockey
4th Apr 2020, 21:39
Of course they are! 🤦🏻‍♂️ Sounds quite good.

So, is it there and backs or more of a tour? Thanks 👍🏻

sarnold
5th Apr 2020, 09:14
Thats not correct, ASL Ireland fly also for DHL Express. It depends on what aircraft type you are assigned.

Banana Joe
5th Apr 2020, 09:37
True, but ASLI are looking for 737 pilots.

Banana Joe
5th Apr 2020, 09:50
Of course they are! 🤦🏻‍♂️ Sounds quite good.

So, is it there and backs or more of a tour? Thanks 👍🏻
I don't know about it with the Amazon contract, but if it's "there and backs" then you can expect a daystop at a destination in the network, return to EMA, and then daystop in another place in the network.
​​​​​​

737 Jockey
5th Apr 2020, 13:03
Again, Thanks!

This would be on the 737, preferably Southend based. Just trying to understand if the 8 on is potentially 8 days away from home? TIA

Banana Joe
5th Apr 2020, 13:44
Unfortunately, I can't further expand on that but hopefully a 'colleague' is reading this and will help. I would expect to be on standby every once in a while.

Where I work a 4 day (it's the max I get) rotation is always a return to the main base every night, rest 2-3 hours and then fly to another destination. Some that live nearby go home, otherwise we rest at base as our employer gave us facilities for that.

Be aware that all the info I've given you are from a friend that works for ASLI, so it's second hand info.

Banana Joe
12th Apr 2020, 18:25
The Airbus fleet is flying for DHL in Asia. They have recently brought an A330 back to Europe that will fly for DHL. I don't know what the A300 is doing at the moment, I guess also DHL. The last I heard about the ATR fleet is that is currently grounded - or most of it - due to Covid-19.

sascha410
12th Mar 2021, 19:44
Dear Gents,
Please forgive me if I am being too direct, if it is more convenient to you, you may answer via PM...
What I am looking for is as much as possible on different salaries and contracts with ASLIreland including all agencies which they use. Of utmost help will be copies of contracts, you are more than welcome to erase all personal information.
No name will be mentioned, no source will be disclosed.
Thank you very much in advance, your help is highly appreciated!!!
Kind regards,
Sascha

Spitfire7788
14th May 2021, 06:51
Hi all,
Any info concerning roster / T&c / bases etc … regarding ASLI for the 737 ?
thanks

deathray
21st May 2021, 05:55
On the B737 its generally a Thursday-Thursday or Friday-Friday roster with A and B groups . So its close to week On/Off . You get 3 periods of leave additionally and each period of leave generates a period of 20 days . The aircraft are mainly B737 - 400 series but ex Ryanair NGs are being introduced with 2 already in service and the aircraft are the Boeing conversion . The 737 aircraft operate on the the Amazon and DHL networks . The DHL flights are almost all night flights but the Amazon network is a mixture of both day and night .
The company provided hotels are high quality mainly at airports rather than the city centre . The company also operates A330-300F and A300-600F on the DHL network in europe and a small number of ATR for Fedex . All of the above information is about ASL Ireland.

737 CL
7th Oct 2021, 02:18
Anybody knows the salary for the B737 Captains with new contracts?

annakm
7th Oct 2021, 20:33
Are ASL recruiting experienced 737 FOs with dual EU/U.K. nationality? There’s nothing on their website but I’ve heard a few scraps from rumor control.

737 CL
13th Oct 2021, 12:25
Hi. Anybody knows How is the assessment for DEC for B737?.

fulminn
14th Oct 2021, 08:54
Hi. Anybody knows How is the assessment for DEC for B737?.
All the OCC's are full for this year.

fulminn
14th Oct 2021, 08:57
Are ASL recruiting experienced 737 FOs with dual EU/U.K. nationality? There’s nothing on their website but I’ve heard a few scraps from rumor control.

No UK passport and or licence holder can be hired due to Brexit

SpamCanDriver
14th Oct 2021, 15:09
No UK passport and or licence holder can be hired due to Brexit

Why is that?

UK passport holders have the right to work in Ireland. Are there no aircrew based in Ireland?

Banana Joe
14th Oct 2021, 15:46
ASL Ireland don't have any 737 operations out of any Irish airports at the moment. Most of the flying is taking place out of continental airports. I stand to be corrected.

fulminn
14th Oct 2021, 19:40
ASL Ireland don't have any 737 operations out of any Irish airports at the moment. Most of the flying is taking place out of continental airports. I stand to be corrected.
They do seasonally. Dub base is overcrewed.

SpamCanDriver
14th Oct 2021, 20:27
Thanks to you both

deathray
27th Oct 2021, 04:48
Brexit I suspect . And bases in UK are fully crewed already.

captain.weird
27th Oct 2021, 11:15
Where do these guys put their ads? Have been applying for them for so long, but unsuccessful unfortunately.

Jonnyknoxville
29th Oct 2021, 00:57
Anyone know why ASL are not interested in UK citizens with loads of EU B737F CL/NG experience and an EASA license?
Half the crew are UK citizens with loads of time on 737
They don’t need people at the moment is the simple answer to your question.

B77F
17th Apr 2022, 15:29
Any updated info regarding the ATR fleet? I saw they were recruiting recently. Anyone has been called for an assessment ?

Thanks

studio5400
30th May 2022, 13:26
Hello Sir,

Sorry to bother bother you.
I have an assessment with ASL. Do you work there or do you have any info regarding terms and condition? Salary, roster,etc?

Thank you.

B77F
30th May 2022, 13:42
Hello Sir,

Sorry to bother bother you.
I have an assessment with ASL. Do you work there or do you have any info regarding terms and condition? Salary, roster,etc?

Thank you.

On which fleet have you been called for the assessment?

SaulGoodman
30th May 2022, 14:36
ASL Ireland is basically the following:
- good and stable rosters
- nice colleagues
​​​​​​- ****ty substandard pay

B77F
30th May 2022, 14:39
ASL Ireland is basically the following:
- good and stable rosters
- nice colleagues
​​​​​​- ****ty substandard pay
Could you give more details about the pay on ATR please?

SaulGoodman
30th May 2022, 14:48
Could you give more details about the pay on ATR please?

Actually on the ATR the pay used to be better compared to other T-prop operators. But it’ll depends on type of contract, direct or through an agency, base etc. Why don’t you contact the HR lady directly - she “should” be able to provide you with all the answers to your questions.

limahotel
14th Jun 2022, 19:42
Hi,

does anyone have any info regarding the roster for CDG? Is commuting even possible? The pay (AeroProfessional, FO) also seems very low (after French tax) or am I missing something?

pedrothepilot
18th Jan 2023, 11:01
I've recently seen A320 FO and Captain vacancies advertised based in Ireland. Does anyone have any more information about this?
How many Airbus A320 do they have or are planning to get? It's my understanding that this will be a new fleet for them?
Would love to get back home but don't want to leave a stable job at my current 320 operator for a potential A320 project at ASL that may not last.

wheelbarrow
21st Mar 2023, 12:16
I don't think the 321 operation is actually happening, 1 minute on ....hire next minute off .......ignore the applicants.
Lots of internal issues with ASLI, especially on the A300 fleet......lots of angry pilots, empty tables at mealtime, angry and bitter with colleagues. A shrink would have a field day here..........Fun to watch

pedrothepilot
21st Mar 2023, 13:03
Thanks wheelbarrow! Good to know, sorry to hear.