PDA

View Full Version : flightradar24 new app

emergencyexit
2nd Apr 2020, 15:12
they cancel the previous app, keep the money you paid for your subscription and now propose a new app the subscription for which you have to pay again (ok, they offer 3 months but who cares).
what is your opinion of this way of doing business. mine is that they are just thieves.
shouldn't we mass complain to apple and google for this?

SpringHeeledJack
2nd Apr 2020, 16:38
I wonder what the reason behind this action is ? Is the money paid to FR24 a 'forever' fee, or a yearly fee ? If a load of work has gone into the new app, then that must have taken some effort by coders/programmers etc and i'm sure that FR24 would like to recoup those costs. I use it for free (with restrictions), so for all the people like me, they get nothing aside from recommendations. I have paid for two other trackers in case you are wondering. I'm not sure just how profitable these tracking apps are for the developers, as the number of enthusiasts must be quite small in comparison to most app's subscribers in the online universe.

goeasy
2nd Apr 2020, 17:47
Can’t find any new app. All looks same to me last year or this year?..

KelvinD
2nd Apr 2020, 18:44
Can’t find any new app. All looks same to me last year or this year?..
Try opening it on your hand held device. It will tell you the app expired March 30th and you need to download the new one.

El Grifo
2nd Apr 2020, 19:26
Not Here !! Working Fine !
El G.

konsult
2nd Apr 2020, 19:26
they cancel the previous app, keep the money you paid for your subscription and now propose a new app the subscription for which you have to pay again (ok, they offer 3 months but who cares).
what is your opinion of this way of doing business. mine is that they are just thieves.
shouldn't we mass complain to apple and google for this?

FR24 has not cancelled the old app. The old app was removed from sale more than 3 years ago and now FR24 has stopped providing data to the old app as it has reached end-of-life, 10 years after it was launched. FR24 has never promised lifetime support for the old app. Expecting an app with lifetime global aircraft position data and support for a one time 5 EUR fee is quite ridiculous. FR24 is providing an ongoing service with ongoing costs to run the service. The current app works great.

Less Hair
2nd Apr 2020, 20:49
They did it before. Long time ago I had it and then they forced everybody using it to buy some latest version again that was essentially the same. I would not buy it another time. It's not some time limited subscription but a "full" product.

Art Smass
3rd Apr 2020, 01:13
Mine's working fine (on silver subscription)

wub
3rd Apr 2020, 15:15
Mine is fine too