PDA

View Full Version : How is your company doing?

ZMX
2nd Apr 2020, 09:08
Just wanted to start small chat here about current state is your company. My company (small state owned carrier) has grounded most of fleet. Im on Line MX in other city, currently we are all on unplanned vacation. We have no aircrafts on parking or storage.

woptb
2nd Apr 2020, 14:30
In UK,furloughed on government scheme until the end of May and probably longer!

Rigga
2nd Apr 2020, 18:09
Working from home and paid, might last another month or so. We shall see.
Good luck everyone and stay safe

Ultranomad
7th Apr 2020, 02:33
I am with a small maintenance company catering to general aviation. There are no more than 6 of us in the shop at any given moment, so it makes no sense to stop operations anyway. In the meantime, there are GA operators who actually want something done to their aircraft right away, while no one is flying, or at least I do receive messages to that effect. For those furloughed who have Group 3 piston aeroplanes in their AML, there may be some freelancing opportunities among your local ELA1 operators.

BeeBopp
9th Apr 2020, 01:27
I don't work at PIK. Whats the full story behind this ?

https://www.ayradvertiser.com/news/18367039.number-ryanair-maintenance-workers-prestwick-sacked-pay-dispute/

jester engineer
18th Apr 2020, 14:56
The company that I worked for was Flybe. I'll say no more!

Rigga
18th Apr 2020, 19:06
I don't know what Irish companies get it they furlough staff - maybe its not as nice as the UKs offer?

Griffiths
22nd Apr 2020, 13:14
Im working hard at home,.designing a new direct rotary fuel drive, griffithsengines

Cat Techie
29th Apr 2020, 23:12
In UK,furloughed on government scheme until the end of May and probably longer!

Snap, although I kept on the books of my company when the next job I had lined up was pulled the day after Flybe died. I have a position at another airport lined up, if the lockdown is eased and if air travel in the UK remotely looks possible. Time will tell.