PDA

View Full Version : New airline to start in Brisbane

FPDO
1st Apr 2020, 04:50
https://www.seekbusiness.com.au/business-listing/regional-jet-airline/499361

Looks like another Jet operator is ready to hit the skies from Brisbane ....again.......SummaryA partner is sought for a new jet FIFO airline is about to sign a core FIFO contract. Extremely fuel-efficient high-performance jet airliners will be employed. These late model aircraft have an eno
About the BusinessA partner is sought for a new jet FIFO airline is about to sign a core FIFO contract. Extremely fuel-efficient high-performance jet airliners will be employed. These late model aircraft have an enormous economic and comfort advantage over the older slower turboprops currently used for short haul FIFO contracts. The first of the new jet airliners are already in Australia. The operation is headed by a team of Australia’s most experienced and successful aviation executives.
A massive amount of research, networking and intellectual property has gone into validating the opportunity.
The anticipated 5-year returns are impressive, to say the least. The team a project a fleet of 10 aircraft and a 5th Year NPV of almost $48 million.

PS dunno what eno means.....

missy
1st Apr 2020, 05:25
w h a t d a t e i s i t ?

Pearly White
1st Apr 2020, 05:42
Fair enough, but the ad on Seek was dated 5 days ago.

Some business basics - they're looking for $5M investors. 10 aircraft, and a 5 year NPV projected at $48M. That's $4.8M per aircraft.

They're obviously looking at the current environment and anticipating a fire sale on old bangers. Picture in the advert shows an EMB145EP whose rego was cancelled in September 2019 after 11 years faithful service. Pampering them FIFO workers again!

Stationair8
1st Apr 2020, 06:11
It is the 1st of April

Car RAMROD
1st Apr 2020, 06:28
Pionair E190-E2 outside of/instead of the Air Kiribati work?

tail wheel
1st Apr 2020, 08:14
"It is the 1st of April"

And after reading that Seekbusiness report - $5 mill for a controlling interest, $48 mill after five years - the fairies are also having a picnic at the bottom of the garden! :}

square leg
1st Apr 2020, 08:40
First In First Out

Kagamuga
1st Apr 2020, 08:43
If it sounds too good...it is!

Investors will have nothing to show except tears and heartbreak...

Manubada
1st Apr 2020, 08:52
Its only a scam if your NOT part of it😎

Capn Bloggs
1st Apr 2020, 09:05
First In First Out
I prefer FILO. ;)

Berealgetreal
1st Apr 2020, 09:15
Try Lion Air or Air Asia

Falling Leaf
1st Apr 2020, 09:37
Skyairworld rises from the ashes...

splat72
1st Apr 2020, 11:46
Good luck to them, however they will be up against a very experienced and Savy competitor in the FIFO game ex Brisbane......
I wouldn’t rush out and pay for an endorsement!

DHC4
1st Apr 2020, 11:50
Good luck to them, however they will be up against a very experienced and Savy competitor in the FIFO game ex Brisbane......
I wouldn’t rush out and pay for an endorsement!

Better return buying into said BNE operator.

HappyBandit
1st Apr 2020, 20:00
Speaking of new operators out of Brisbane...what ever happened with Compass Jet?

Des Dimona
1st Apr 2020, 20:13
About to sign a core contract

and pigs might fly as well:ugh:

Paragraph377
1st Apr 2020, 22:59
Perhaps it is an enterprise involving Michael James, Paul Bredereck and Teejay Jenson?

wishiwasupthere
1st Apr 2020, 23:10
The operation is headed by a team of Australia’s most experienced and successful aviation executives.

Well that rules out anyone from Jetgo being involved!

The Bullwinkle
2nd Apr 2020, 00:25
According to the Financial Review, it could even be Ryanair! :ok:

Mach E Avelli
2nd Apr 2020, 00:40
If the team is "Australia's most experienced and successful" they would already have $5 million of their own money as loose change to finance this enterprise.
And OF COURSE mining companies commit to FIFO contracts with non existent operators.
As for Ryanair, the only way they would tip in any money would be to have 100% control and their own team of "most experienced and successful airline executives" running it.

topend3
2nd Apr 2020, 03:48
Jetgo......

Stationair8
2nd Apr 2020, 04:24
Come on topend3, Jetgo was so last decade!

FPDO
2nd Apr 2020, 04:38
wasn't that hard to find after all was it sweet pea?

cyclone8888
2nd Apr 2020, 04:59
"Most experienced and successful" at navigating bankruptcy and administration maybe.

The story about the "Core FIFO" contract has been around since Jetgo were playing with the E-190, no customer in the world waits around for 18 months because you are a good guy or have a grand idea, especially with no AOC or aircraft, least of all the mining world. They simply do not sign contracts without detailed DD and safety audits. They rarely even engage short of this.

This same mob advertised a similar thing about 6 months ago which was quickly removed, it was 8 mil then, now its 5, maybe keep waiting and the hole in the wallet gets smaller...

Same usual suspects, doing the same things, burning cash and under performing. I bet they want to pay themselves "C Level" management wages off the bat too (the 3 amigos at Jetgo were at about 500 a piece from memory).

2020Balance
2nd Apr 2020, 07:50
Well there will be a cheap AOC with a few 737’s on the market very soon. Hopefully whoever picks it up will employ from the ground up and get rid of all the rot from the top down.

red_dirt
2nd Apr 2020, 08:36
Hahahahaha probably Simon Waters from Status/lightspeed/blackstar again.

Daddy Fantastic
2nd Apr 2020, 10:08
Speaking of new operators out of Brisbane...what ever happened with Compass Jet?

Yeah what did happen to that outfit?

down3gr33ns
2nd Apr 2020, 12:18
“The team is headed by a team of Australia’s most experienced and successful aviation executives”

and

“Perhaps it is an enterprise involving Michael James, Paul Bredereck and Teejay Jensen?”

are mutually exclusive.

UsernameGoesHere
2nd Apr 2020, 13:27
Looks nice and scammy to me. That's a good Continental/United Regional aircraft image they choose too. I'd also feel very safe putting my details into their Google Docs form.

knackered IV
2nd Apr 2020, 20:56
First In First Out
Try Fly In Fly Out

porch monkey
3rd Apr 2020, 00:24
Sarcasm not your strong suit, Knackered??

kitchen bench
3rd Apr 2020, 00:36
“The team is headed by a team of Australia’s most experienced and successful aviation executives”

and

“Perhaps it is an enterprise involving Michael James, Paul Bredereck and Teejay Jensen?”

I doubt getting the sack last year from your CEO/Chairman position qualifies you as a "most experienced and successful aviation executive"

knackered IV
3rd Apr 2020, 00:38
Sarcasm not your strong suit, Knackered??
Maybe not.

exfocx
3rd Apr 2020, 09:04
"The operation is headed by a team of Australia’s most experienced and successful aviation executives. "

Yes, so successful that they have no contacts in the aviation finance area that they have to go to Seek to find someone. That in of itself should be enough info for anyone.

Pearly White
3rd Apr 2020, 10:51
"The operation is headed by a team of Australia’s most experienced and successful aviation executives. "

Yes, so successful that they have no contacts in the aviation finance area that they have to go to Seek to find someone. That in of itself should be enough info for anyone.
Pretty sure most contacts in the aviation finance area aren't picking up their phones when they ring at the moment.

MelbourneFlyer
3rd Apr 2020, 12:20
The operation is headed by a team of Australia’s most experienced and successful aviation executives.

This must be GT's new job!

Icarus2001
4th Apr 2020, 04:59
Well there will be a cheap AOC with a few 737’s on the market very soon. I know you were mainly joking but it is not permitted to buy or sell an AOC. The whole company must be transferred. So even if Virgin was to be sold for $1 to another company, the new owners would inherit $5 billion in debt and liabilities. Not a great deal. Cheaper to start fresh.

AerialPerspective
4th Apr 2020, 17:48
https://www.seekbusiness.com.au/business-listing/regional-jet-airline/499361

Looks like another Jet operator is ready to hit the skies from Brisbane ....again.......SummaryA partner is sought for a new jet FIFO airline is about to sign a core FIFO contract. Extremely fuel-efficient high-performance jet airliners will be employed. These late model aircraft have an enoAbout the BusinessA partner is sought for a new jet FIFO airline is about to sign a core FIFO contract. Extremely fuel-efficient high-performance jet airliners will be employed. These late model aircraft have an enormous economic and comfort advantage over the older slower turboprops currently used for short haul FIFO contracts. The first of the new jet airliners are already in Australia. The operation is headed by a team of Australia’s most experienced and successful aviation executives.
A massive amount of research, networking and intellectual property has gone into validating the opportunity.
The anticipated 5-year returns are impressive, to say the least. The team a project a fleet of 10 aircraft and a 5th Year NPV of almost $48 million.

PS dunno what eno means.....
And the relevance of the Continental regional jet photo? Other than the fact it's obviously April 1st.

cunnamullafella
4th Apr 2020, 23:08
At least 12 months old and bad form to use an American carriers logo and photo. Seems to be a rip off and upgrade ( aircraft numbers) of another business. Do they have an AOC? Lots of unanswered questioned. Dead in the water like everyone else presently.