PDA

View Full Version : Regional Aviation Issues Paper

Horatio Leafblower
31st Mar 2020, 04:11
Hi Team,

I am wondering if anyone was aware that the Federal Gummint, in all its wisdom, is preparing a Regional Aviation policy statement. The following from their web page (https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/aviation/regional/aviation-policy/index.aspx):

The Australian Government is developing a comprehensive Regional Aviation Policy Statement in consultation with other Government, industry and community stakeholders.

The Statement forms part of the Government’s commitment to securing economic growth across regional Australia. It will canvass the roles of the different tiers of Government and industry in regional aviation, including the provision of aviation services and airport infrastructure, as well as opportunities for better coordination and efficiencies in aviation-related programs operating in regional Australia.

The Government has now released an Issues Paper to facilitate consultation on the development of the Statement

I am sure it will uncover new and meaningful contributions, especially from the Airport Sector, that will help demanding, needy and recalcitrant aircraft operators understand how they can contribute to regional aviation in a new light.

spektrum
31st Mar 2020, 12:26
They're absolutely clueless. The only thing the sector needs is a reduction in CASAs involvement on things that literally contribute nothing to safety.

I see your planes getting around on the daily and my hat goes off to you for sticking at it Horatio.

Mr Approach
9th Apr 2020, 00:17
I think it will be to try and pre-empt the inquiry by the Senate Committee - as in pretend they are interested in the views of GA.
I have responded to similar requests in the past - they ignored what I had written and did not even bother to reply.

Unfortunately it is a double-edged sword - if you do not make a submission then the Minister can say we are all quite happy..

poteroo
9th Apr 2020, 01:13
I think it will be to try and pre-empt the inquiry by the Senate Committee - as in pretend they are interested in the views of GA.
I have responded to similar requests in the past - they ignored what I had written and did not even bother to reply.

Unfortunately it is a double-edged sword - if you do not make a submission then the Minister can say we are all quite happy..

Bureaucracy 101. Sir Humphry must be smiling!

tail wheel
9th Apr 2020, 02:08
Regional Aviation Policy Statement—Deferral of Consultation ProcessCOVID-19 is having significant impacts on all aspects of the Australian economy, including the regional aviation industry.

Accordingly, consultation on the Regional Aviation Policy Statement is deferred at this time.

We will provide an update on this website and notify industry and community stakeholders when the consultation process for the development of the Regional Aviation Policy Statement recommences.

https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/aviation/regional/aviation-policy/index.aspx

mattyj
9th Apr 2020, 09:49
The correct answer to the question “what can government do to help your sector” is invariably;

”get out of the way”

Blueyonda
9th Apr 2020, 09:59
Other than sending a response saying please refer to previous correspondace, for what ever parliamentary enquiry one may have written to, why would you bother?

aroa
10th Apr 2020, 02:02
For decades prior to the recent arrival of Covid 19, CAsA was having a devastating and significant impact on all aspects of the General and Regional Aviation, and thus a great loss the Australian economy.
Is this just the final nail in the coffin.
With a virus an antidote can be found. With the CAsA disease and disinterested Goverments there is NO cure.

Hasherucf
10th Apr 2020, 08:17
What regional aviation ? Covid drove a stake through aviations heart.