PDA

View Full Version : what is your airlines Covid pay plan

UAV689
30th Mar 2020, 16:42
Hi, thought it maybe useful for people to see what other airlines are offering during these unprecedented times. Everyone is a difficult place right now, would be interesting to compare

Ryr UK
Completely unknown salary situation. Unpaid leave days have been applied in March to crews with no negotiation or even information prior to pay day with how much was being deducted and no news on April or onward pay, just a roster with practically 0 flights and weekly memos talking about job cuts, but as yet zero information to staff on what they will be paid.

Hope others are faring better, no doubt others will fare worse. Stay safe all.

Boeing 7E7
30th Mar 2020, 16:50
Hope others are faring better, no doubt others will fare worse. Stay safe all.

Apart from loosing your job... I wouldn’t be surprised if Ryanair are in fact the worst.

wingandprayer
30th Mar 2020, 17:55
Lost the job with 2 days notice, 1 month in lieu of notice. No idea how many remain or what deal. No plans to hire or re-hire for the immediate future.
Not eligible for welfare benefits of any sort due to incomplete NIC over the last 2 years....

On the brighter side at least I can go for a walk once a day to my local supermarket and queue for food .....

nightfright
30th Mar 2020, 19:28
on the plus - if you are alive - then you doing really good.

Half of these airlines that you see will soon be a name of the past.

bairni
30th Mar 2020, 20:42
Our Government in Austria has introduced a special covid19 short-time work model to avoid as many layoffs as possible.
Initially companies can reduce the working hours down to 10% for up to three months (option to increase up to six months) and the job center will increase the salary to 80-90% of your average net salary.
The gross income is taxed as usual and you pay your standard social security contribution, so you won't loose anything towards your pension.
On top the companies are freed from social security contributions.

All in all we are on 10% work at the moment (2 days of reserve a month) for 80% of the average net salary (~last three months).

Basically the state takes care of the whole gross salary to keep people employed. Not too bad :D