PDA

View Full Version : Godspeed EI9019

Sober Lark
29th Mar 2020, 07:11
Godspeed EI9019 and thank you.

JSCL
29th Mar 2020, 07:54
As impressive as it may be, this really didn't need its' own thread.

Sober Lark
29th Mar 2020, 08:56
Hi JSCL I’m sorry I should have explained the significance. It’s a cargo flight with much needed protective equipment for our health care workers over here which has been a big concern. Wishing you the best.

Porto Pete
29th Mar 2020, 09:02
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/473x515/img_20200328_wa0009_01_c4f53954557ed2f0410f07bbd1a22e98989da e1e.jpg
Someone on Facebook put it better than I can.

BA318
29th Mar 2020, 10:33
Both Spain and Netherlands have learnt the hard way not to trust China.

Spain will stop using the tests they received from China and the Netherlands will stop using masks as both have been found to be faulty and dangerous. Ireland should double check what it’s money is buying from China.

Islandlad
29th Mar 2020, 10:47

Spain will stop using the tests they received from China and the Netherlands will stop using masks as both have been found to be faulty and dangerous. Ireland should double check what it’s money is buying from China.
And what little added extras they may be importing. It's not over in China yet. Just suppressed for a while. Don't invite it in!

racedo
29th Mar 2020, 11:08
And what little added extras they may be importing. It's not over in China yet. Just suppressed for a while. Don't invite it in!

There are currently 1 aircraft just departing Finnish air space on the return flight and two have just Dublin.

The AvgasDinosaur
29th Mar 2020, 12:03

Have you got a link to that please ?
David

SpringHeeledJack
29th Mar 2020, 13:07
https://www.zimeye.net/2020/03/29/china-under-fire-over-faulty-test-kits-said-to-be-30-percent-effective/

https://www.businessinsider.com/coroanvirus-holland-recalls-over-half-a-million-masks-imported-from-china-2020-3?op=1&r=US&IR=T

Sober Lark
29th Mar 2020, 16:05
Thanks for that. I hope lessons were learnt and our €28m order wasn’t a rushed purchase.

Sober Lark
2nd Apr 2020, 23:08
BA318 I think you were right.

“HSE Chief Executive Paul Reid said the HSE is engaging worldwide to secure alternative stocks of personal protective equipment should the supplies negotiated through a massive €200 million order recently placed with China not materialise to the extent that the HSE expect.

He was speaking in a video on Twitter following concerns about the content of the first batch of Personal Protective Equipment for healthcare staff that has been arriving on Aer Lingus flights from China since last Sunday.
The HSE said that although the equipment being delivered is up to World Health Organization standards, and will work to protect healthcare staff, it is not the type of equipment that Irish healthcare staff have been used to.

There are concerns that the equipment may be more robust and heavy duty than nurses and doctors expected.

There have also been complaints from some nursing quarters that the protective gowns in the shipment are too small and the face masks of poor quality.

The HSE said it has so far been tweaking the order since the first shipment arrived.“