PDA

View Full Version : guardian reports Lufthansa "Flying Dutchman" in Manila yesterday

BRE
29th Mar 2020, 06:56
Usually, I appreciate the guardian very much, but this looks like it was written by a first week intern:
https://www.theguardian.com/global/2020/mar/28/stranded-britons-quoted-40000-each-to-fly-home-from-new-zealand

First, the headline together with the picure imply that it is LH charging 40,000 quid a seat. The article actually says it is Qatari Airlines. Ever heard of them?
Then, the picture caption says the depicted LH plane was repatriating German nationals in Manila yesterday. Did that plane just resurface from the boneyard like the Flying Dutchman?

DaveReidUK
29th Mar 2020, 07:05
Then, the picture caption says the depicted LH plane was repatriating German nationals in Manila yesterday. Did that plane just resurface from the boneyard like the Flying Dutchman?

No, it flew there from FRA on Friday, where it's been since arriving from GRU last Monday, as you could easily have ascertained.

foxcharliep2
29th Mar 2020, 07:22
Did that plane just resurface from the boneyard like the Flying Dutchman?

Certainly not - it is a new B-747-8 in retro colourrs.

BRE
29th Mar 2020, 08:22
Ok, my bad. Didn't realize a livery used into the 90s already counts as retro.

VariablePitchP
29th Mar 2020, 09:29
Ok, my bad. Didn't realize a livery used into the 90s already counts as retro.

Even a first week intern would know that’s a 747-8 :O

AirportPlanner1
29th Mar 2020, 10:52
The Guardian also reported today a Wizz plane flew 450 in from Bulgaria to pick our crops, quite a squeeze on an A320 or even 21 I imagine