PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Regional to British Airways

dylanhk
26th Mar 2020, 09:54
Currently there’s not much information on the exact pilot requirements for British Airways, but if you have lots of experience with a regional airline would it be possible to make the move? Being a citizen is out of the question - I’m just wondering what kind of hours they are looking for and if it’s even possible.

I’ve seen somewhere that they need 4000 hours total and over 1500 hours in a jet with an MTOW over 20 tones. This isn’t confirmed, but if it is the case, don’t regional jets fit this criteria?

VariablePitchP
27th Mar 2020, 16:06
Currently there’s not much information on the exact pilot requirements for British Airways, but if you have lots of experience with a regional airline would it be possible to make the move? Being a citizen is out of the question - I’m just wondering what kind of hours they are looking for and if it’s even possible.

I’ve seen somewhere that they need 4000 hours total and over 1500 hours in a jet with an MTOW over 20 tones. This isn’t confirmed, but if it is the case, don’t regional jets fit this criteria?

Last time they recruited I think they wanted 500 hours on CS25 aircraft (pretty much everything multi engine turbine meets that) over 20T (I think, Dash 8 Q400s met whatever the requirements were, I know that much). Or 100 sectors on said aircraft if you didn’t have the 500 hours. And right to work obviously. That would get you a spot on the shorthaul fleet. For longhaul I believe you’d need a full ATPL, so by definition you’d have over 1500 hours.

Sadly I think you’ll have many years to get the licence sorted before anyone hires again :{