PDA

View Full Version : ICAO to FAA Conversion

nowayman
26th Mar 2020, 02:00
Anyone know if I can do the ICAO to FAA conversion somewhere in Texas?

I hold an ICAO ATPL with A320 rating. Seems like the FAA conversion is a lot less complicated and time consuming than the EASA conversion. My current CAA's licence holds little weight when going for a job elsewhere and they seem to be too lazy to reply when asked for verification. Not to mention the 6 month validity on the Instrument Rating..quite pathetic actually.

(rant over)

lee_apromise
26th Mar 2020, 07:44
Anyone know if I can do the ICAO to FAA conversion somewhere in Texas?

I hold an ICAO ATPL with A320 rating. Seems like the FAA conversion is a lot less complicated and time consuming than the EASA conversion. My current CAA's licence holds little weight when going for a job elsewhere and they seem to be too lazy to reply when asked for verification. Not to mention the 6 month validity on the Instrument Rating..quite pathetic actually.

(rant over)

Ready to spend $5~6K on FAA CTP before doing the written test? And another $12K for FAA A320 TR to get FAA ATP (that is if you want to do the checkride in the sim)?

MarkerInbound
26th Mar 2020, 19:50
Avenger Flight Training and ATP Jets are near DFW and do A320 types. ATP Jets does the CTP program, not sure if Avenger does. Of course the first thing you’ll need is the validation of your current ATP.