PDA

View Full Version : Which one of you is patient number 411

Oasis
25th Mar 2020, 13:42
“New Cases#411 (Confirmed)
Hospitalised Confirmed date
2020-03-25Place of residence
#N/AHospital admitted
#N/AThe patient is a pilot, he has stopped flying for a while. He went to the bar Insomnia in Lan Kwai Fong and Tsim Sha Tsui All Night Long bar on Mar 18.”

unbelievable

Paul852
25th Mar 2020, 13:52
You must be great fun at the party! (Although I notice that you managed to get your Reddit account suspended and some of the others are dead)

What amazes me is that a pilot is dumb enough to actually present himself to the authorities at a time like this just for a bit of a cough!

Oasis
25th Mar 2020, 14:08
I like to party, just not that thirsty that I have to do it during a pandemic.

InSoMnIaC
25th Mar 2020, 14:39
What amazes me is that a pilot is dumb enough to actually present himself to the authorities at a time like this just for a bit of a cough!

Whats so amazingly dumb about someone reporting an illness which they are legally obliged to report?

Paul852
25th Mar 2020, 16:11
Well that's a very interesting assertion. Could you point me to the relevant ordinance that contains such an obligation please?

MENELAUS
25th Mar 2020, 16:12
Well that's a very interesting assertion. Could you point me to the relevant ordinance that contains such an obligation please?

The HK(ANO).

Paul852
25th Mar 2020, 16:41
Well, I just read that and the pertinent bit of Cap480Cs20 seem to me to be:

(8)
(a)
A person shall not be entitled to act as a member of the flight crew of an aircraft registered in Hong Kong if he knows or reasonably suspects that his physical or mental condition renders him temporarily or permanently unfit to perform such functions or to act in such capacity.
(b)
Every holder of a medical certificate issued under Article 19 or 20 of this Order who—
(i) suffers any personal injury involving incapacity to undertake his functions as a member of the flight crew; or
(ii) suffers any illness involving incapacity to undertake those functions throughout a period of 20 days or more; or
(iii) in the case of a woman, has reason to believe that she is pregnant:
shall inform the Chief Executive in writing of such injury,illness or pregnancy, as soon as possible in the case of injury or pregnancy, and as soon as the period of 20 days has elapsed in the case of illness
. The medical certificate shall be deemed to be suspended upon the occurrence of such injury or the elapse of such period of
illness or the confirmation of the pregnancy, and—
(aa) in the case of injury or illness the suspension shall cease upon the holder being medically examined under arrangements made by the Chief Executive and pronounced fit to resume his functions as a member of the flight crew or upon the Chief Executive exempting, subject to such conditions as he thinks fit, the holder from the requirement of a medical examination;
So firstly, the legal obligation seems to be to report an illness after it has rendered you unfit for 20 days, and secondly, let he who has never piloted whilst having a bit of a cough throw the first stone!

Dilbert68
25th Mar 2020, 16:41

Are you even a pilot Paul852? Judging by your posts, you are not. How about you just p!ss off and go stir the pot somewhere else?

MENELAUS
25th Mar 2020, 16:55
Are you even a pilot Paul852? Judging by your posts, you are not. How about you just p!ss off and go stir the pot somewhere else?

Or f@ck off back to your day job at the SCMP. ?

Paul852
25th Mar 2020, 17:04
So you're wrong about the HK ANO requiring pilots to report having a bit of a cough (for less than 20 days) then?

MENELAUS
25th Mar 2020, 23:59
So you're wrong about the HK ANO requiring pilots to report having a bit of a cough (for less than 20 days) then?

And you wonder why we think you might be a troll ?

MENELAUS
26th Mar 2020, 00:07

And you wonder why we think you might be a troll ?
The guidelines for sickness, licensing, suspension of licences due illness/ injury etc are in the public domain. You can read them as can anyone else and form your own judgement. They are equally well known by most pilots and are followed to the letter.
Other requirements are between the individual and his employer, and are in addition to the ANO. And are none of your business, frankly. If you are advocating that a fellow professional should attempt to cover this up, particularly in this day and age, then you’re even more stupid than those d@@kheads wandering about with their quarantine bracelets in view.

oggers
26th Mar 2020, 09:00
Which one of you is patient number 411

I am Spartacus.

MENELAUS
26th Mar 2020, 09:13
I am Spartacus

Oasis
26th Mar 2020, 09:52
No....I am Spartacus!

InSoMnIaC
26th Mar 2020, 10:48

check out Section 15 of the Prevention and Control of Disease Regulation (Cap.599A)

All inbound aircrew are under Medical Surveillance. Some conditions apply to this medical surveillance. One of these conditions includes the requirement to observe and report “a bit of a cough” (as u put it)

Medical surveillance, examination or test of contacts or infected or contaminated persons
(1)
If a health officer has reason to suspect that a person is a contact or is infected with a specified infectious disease or is contaminated, the health officer may subject the person to medical surveillance or a medical examination or a test, which must not be more intrusive or invasive than is necessary for ascertaining the person’s health condition.
(2)
A health officer may specify conditions to be observed by the person.
(3)
A person who fails to observe any condition specified under subsection (2) commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 2 and to imprisonment for 6 months.