PDA

View Full Version : Airside security pass

Satoshi Nakamoto
23rd Mar 2020, 21:15
Given that many of us will have an enforced sabbatical of two or three months minimum, does anyone have any suggestions of how to provide evidence of continuous work history for the purpose of renewing airside passes? Cannot sign on for JSA as not yet redundant.

thetimesreader84
23rd Mar 2020, 23:09
If you’re furloughed, in the U.K. at least you’re still technically employed - so that satisfies the continuity of employment. If you’re made redundant, you get your P45, then you can sign on at the jobcentre, and they can provide references. If your company goes bust, the receiver or administrator will provide a reference saying you were employed from X - X as Captain / FO / Whatever.

CaptainSensible
24th Mar 2020, 13:09
Another aspect may that most bases require you to swipe your card at a certain periodicity , say max 60 days before it “parks”.

Flying Wild
24th Mar 2020, 15:06
Another aspect may that most bases require you to swipe your card at a certain periodicity , say max 60 days before it “parks”.

At my airport, there is zero common sense about this so we’ve all had to park our passes🤦‍♂️

Mister Geezer
28th Mar 2020, 09:51
No need to worry. If needs be, you simply need a reference to account for your whereabouts for any gap periods. I can't remember the criteria for such a reference but not being a relative or an employee at the company you are joining, were two criteria that I can recall off the top of my head.

Joe le Taxi
28th Mar 2020, 10:53
not being a relative . Precisely the only people many of us will see on a regular basis for the next few weeks or months!

CaptainProp
28th Mar 2020, 19:39
Precisely the only people many of us will see on a regular basis for the next few weeks or months!

Would your employer not provide a letter satisfying any issues with regards to security passes?

CP