PDA

View Full Version : Light twin survey work - FR24?

Hangar_9
23rd Mar 2020, 12:04
Hello,

Not one for a conspiracy but over the past days i've noticed a steadily increasing number of Light twins (MEP) over Belgium,Netherlands,Germany,France,Switz.
Primarily doing survery pattern flying. I guess this is a good time but it seems odds that multiple countries are doing the same thing.

A few reg of note:

D IWAW
D IDOS
PH PNX
PH MAS
D IBGC
OO VSB

meleagertoo
23rd Mar 2020, 12:39
Why on earth would one consider a conspiracy?

Clear air, empty airspace, easy access to anywhere they want to go. They'll all jump at the oportunity.

Next years Google earth probably.

Max Angle
23rd Mar 2020, 12:39
All been waiting for clear skies I guess, the weather has been dire for survey flying recently, we now have high pressure over northern Europe and nice photographic conditions. No mystery really.

Out Of Trim
23rd Mar 2020, 13:01
Also happening over the UK!

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1920x1080/screenshot_2020_03_22_14_37_21_8ba12fb010982f498fb1f37bf077d bdd0040b391.png
Aerial Survey

Hot 'n' High
23rd Mar 2020, 14:52
....... Clear air, empty airspace, easy access to anywhere they want to go. They'll all jump at the opportunity. ..........

Let's face it, "good news" and "aviation" are not words being used much at all right now - so great that it benefits the survey guys and gals. Used to do pipeline surveys and it was always a bit of a struggle near/in CAS but ATC were always helpful. Now it must be a case of "Fill ya' boots - just call me when complete! Oh, I do have some traffic for you - I have one inbound in about 3 hours if you are still doing your stuff then!" :ok: Cheers, H 'n' H