PDA

View Full Version : Hour building during CoronaVirus in Europe

miguel22
21st Mar 2020, 10:34
Hello all,

Seeing the curren situation and with much of the airports/airfields in Europe closed, does anyone know any place that is still running?

I need to do some 80h until June and I am looking for a place to do it.

Thanks.
Miguel

Banana Joe
21st Mar 2020, 11:58
Germany, but no training. You need to be checked out before someone gives you their aircraft. And eventually that will be stopped as well. They have forbidden VFR flying in Italy and Belgium. I don't know about other countries...

mponse
21st Mar 2020, 17:35
It's not possible in Spain either.

Airgus
22nd Mar 2020, 12:49
Miguel22, while most of us are being asked to stay home in order to stop the propagation and to minimize/mitigate the risk of Covid19, I do not see it possible, unless it is really necessary/justified to go out.
Taking advantage of this moment to build VFR hours it may be still possible in some places nowadays but it may not be morally ok.
Try to make it a mission, get in touch with authorities, remote areas, small towns and create a charity group, use GA to help others by collecting donations (masks, aprons, latex gloves) and distribute them with your airplane. Some small remote hospitals may really need this. You may even get a sponsor/permission from the government.
If you manage to do something so positive like this, a lot of people will benefit from your VFR hour building, including yourself.
best of luck and #stayHome

tsvpilot
22nd Mar 2020, 14:47
Trying to go somewhere to build hours right now is a guaranteed way to waste money, get stuck and end up with 0 hours.

onedaypro
22nd Mar 2020, 15:46
Hello all,

Seeing the curren situation and with much of the airports/airfields in Europe closed, does anyone know any place that is still running?

I need to do some 80h until June and I am looking for a place to do it.

Thanks.
Miguel

If you're going to go then do your own research and Google or phone? Hour building is meant to be challenging including the preparation. Personally I think it is a very unwise decision given the current pandemic.

VariablePitchP
22nd Mar 2020, 17:10
Miguel22, while most of us are being asked to stay home in order to stop the propagation and to minimize/mitigate the risk of Covid19, I do not see it possible, unless it is really necessary/justified to go out.
Taking advantage of this moment to build VFR hours it may be still possible in some places nowadays but it may not be morally ok.
Try to make it a mission, get in touch with authorities, remote areas, small towns and create a charity group, use GA to help others by collecting donations (masks, aprons, latex gloves) and distribute them with your airplane. Some small remote hospitals may really need this. You may even get a sponsor/permission from the government.
If you manage to do something so positive like this, a lot of people will benefit from your VFR hour building, including yourself.
best of luck and #stayHome

Hmmmm, in reality you’ll just do this in order to get your hour building. 50kg of cargo in a 172 is pretty pointless. Just drive a van if you actually want to be helpful.

Citationcj2
23rd Mar 2020, 10:57
Keep your money dude, you’ll have plenty of years to come to finish your hour building:(