PDA

View Full Version : Are things beginning to improve in China and the region

Black Pudding
17th Mar 2020, 22:24
How are things in China and the surrounding area with regards Coronavirus. Is China beginning to get back to normal. Are flights starting to happen ? Are staff being recalled

dl_88
18th Mar 2020, 06:14
south east asia is a no-go now. alot of restrctions and countries shutting down their borders except for essential travels.

iggy
18th Mar 2020, 09:33
China I don't know about, but after seeing what is going on in Europe and USA pretty much all ASEAN is getting into a "hibernation state": planes grounded, salary reductions and restrictions for travelling. Count with this to go on for the next few months.

wishiwasupthere
18th Mar 2020, 10:24
Air China was reportedly starting to recall some foreign pilots earlier this week, supposedly with hefty return bonuses. That was before the west started closing borders en masse.

Wannabe Flyer
19th Mar 2020, 05:58
Complete lockdown & shutting & locking up complete populations till the virus has no more carriers is the only solution. China has the power to do this autocratically & the results all for all to see. Unfortunately most other countries cannot do that & what is 100% certainty is that travel causes outbreaks. Hong Kong & Singapore are case studies where the decline started & then seems to have jumped slightly primarily as people travel in. In many other geographies people are only now returning home many of them carriers of this virus. I am uncertain how many countries can lock up their populations completely as is obvious in the US, EU & India where people are still go for Spring Break, work & Religious functions. This will spread till it scares the pants of people & when the entire world stays indoor for a month with no social contact at all followed by a deep sanitisation where this virus will have no medium left to stay alive then only will things be in control. Your guess is as good as mine when this will happen. If you go to Flightradar24 & see how many 1000's of planes still in the air, how many people still travelling. Till this stops it will keep growing.

Black Pudding
21st Mar 2020, 16:57
Any updates ?

The Dominican
23rd Mar 2020, 00:12
Stop asking about recovery, it hasn't hit the bottom yet!

fatbus
23rd Mar 2020, 06:13
There is going to be 1000's of qualified and experienced pilots made redundant for some time . Carriers that are cutting flights / hours /pay will take some time ro recover. Unfortunately some will not . Not a great time to be trying to get started.

bafanguy
23rd Mar 2020, 11:23
Any updates ?
For what it's worth:

COVID-19 Chinese Recovery Begins | Audries Aircraft Analysis (http://www.audriesaircraftanalysis.com/2020/03/18/covid-19-chinese-recovery-begins/)

The Dominican
24th Mar 2020, 13:44
For what it's worth:

COVID-19 Chinese Recovery Begins | Audries Aircraft Analysis (http://www.audriesaircraftanalysis.com/2020/03/18/covid-19-chinese-recovery-begins/)
Absolute nonsense! I did a day trip to Guangzhou today and the frequency was dead! Right in the middle of the day and right over China, very little communication and very few TCAS targets on the scope!
Not only that, Guangzhou is now a China Southern parking lot! Aircrafts with plastic covering the engines everywhere! I don't know who can even dream that things are recovering!

bafanguy
24th Mar 2020, 19:13
Absolute nonsense!

I figured there would be other opinions in response to the article. :ok: