PDA

View Full Version : Headset advice

BentleyTheDog
12th Mar 2020, 23:18
Hello,

I wasn’t sure which forum to post this in, please feel free to move if necessary.

I need to buy a headset for a new job (B747). I was hoping to get some recommendations on what is currently available.

I have spoken to some of the pilots at the company and quite a few have Sennheisers, given the fact they stopped making them a few years back this doesn’t really help. I know it’s quite a personal choice but if you would be kind enough to let me know your views (good and bad) I would appreciate it.

Thanks 🙏🏻

Banana Joe
13th Mar 2020, 09:02
I use the A20 on a 737 only because my employer fits them in the aircraft, but if I were allowed I would use the David Clark Pro X2 series. I don't know how loud the 747 flight deck is, but the David Clark performs quite well in the 737.

Flying Wild
13th Mar 2020, 20:09
Hello,

I wasn’t sure which forum to post this in, please feel free to move if necessary.

I need to buy a headset for a new job (B747). I was hoping to get some recommendations on what is currently available.

I have spoken to some of the pilots at the company and quite a few have Sennheisers, given the fact they stopped making them a few years back this doesn’t really help. I know it’s quite a personal choice but if you would be kind enough to let me know your views (good and bad) I would appreciate it.

Thanks 🙏🏻
I've got a Sennheiser 26-2 noise cancelling headset for sale if you want it. UK based.

BentleyTheDog
20th Mar 2020, 00:08
Thanks for the offer, is it the one recently on eBay?

Anyone else have any recommendations? The Bose headsets seem very popular, but also expensive, are they worth the money?

Banana Joe
20th Mar 2020, 01:21
They are, but it also comes down to personal preference. So try them and try other models available on the market.

Karunch
20th Mar 2020, 07:14
I've got a Sennheiser 26-2 noise cancelling headset for sale if you want it. UK based.

I've been using the same set for 10 years without issue. Buy a couple of sets of earpads & a second hand set. Their techs can still repair the 26-2.

ford cortina
20th Mar 2020, 07:22
Got the Telex 8 used to have the Telex 850, both work fine on a 73 Classic and NG.
I never liked the clamping feel of the Bose and as a Audiophile, well lets just say there is a lot better than Bose home equipment.
I have found the Sennheiser to be very very good, its just not for me, the cost is better than Bose and of course Sennheiser are well respected in the music industry, now if only BeyerDynamic would make a aviation headset.

Flying Wild
20th Mar 2020, 07:51
Thanks for the offer, is it the one recently on eBay?

Anyone else have any recommendations? The Bose headsets seem very popular, but also expensive, are they worth the money?

no, not advertised anywhere yet, it’s sitting in my loft.

B737900er
20th Mar 2020, 13:46
I currently use Bose Proflight series 2. I find them very good and the sound quality is great.