PDA

View Full Version : I want to share with you the SCAM I received

Hogos
10th Mar 2020, 11:07
Dear folks

I would like to share with you the experience I had with a scammer, which I discovered, in order to give you a head up.
Some days ago I received an email by what I found not to be Aerovista FZE, offering a position as a first officer in Dubai in the A320.
The email stated something like: your CV has been selected and thanks to your impressive studies and careers we are pleased to offer you this position as first officer.

It sounded a bit odd from the beginning, as how could an airline from Dubai choose me, without any application sent to them, and also WITHOUT any interview or assessment ??

They sent me the contract, offering 5.500$ a month plus 1.000$ allowance, accomodation, in other words, the dream job.
It was soo good to be real, so I've been speaking with this guy, asking about the procedure with the licence, if there are any hidden expenses, etc., he replied me back very quickly every time.
I thought, let assume it's a scam, since they are not asking me anything (eg. to self sponsor a type rating, or anything else), where is the scam ?
The scam came out when they asked my to deal with a travel agency in order to obtain the Work permit / Visa (thing which can be done online, or even in my country).
Infact this agency looked for 1.000 USD to be sent by Moneygram (notorious for fraudulent activities).
They sent me a form that looked like a screenshot taken from the website of UAE ministry (ridiculous).

I contacted the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation, asking if this contract was fraudulent, and magically it turned out that it was.
Infact, in order to get employed in UAE, the procedure is much longer and complex.
When I pointed out the real procedure to the guy, including all the things that didn't look right to me, he stopped replying back.

If you received this offer, or even something similar to, don't send money to anyone, especially with suspiciuos payment method, and verify always the validity of the contract with the "real" company or with governing bodies.
I know it sounds stupid, but some people get scammed !

I would like to fill a report because this is really bad especially for people struggling to find a job in this period !

Thanks for the attention