PDA

View Full Version : Greece off airfield landings

minimo
9th Mar 2020, 14:58
Good day all,

Was wondering what are the rules to operate off airfield with helicopters in Greece? I mean civil VFR single engine not necessarily using existing helipads..like close to a restaurant etc

thanks for any input on this subject!

RVDT
9th Mar 2020, 23:13
Yes you can if you go about it the right way.

Register to access the Greek AIP through HellasAIS (http://www.ypa.gr/aip/) and go from there.

There are a few little quirks but if you keep everyone "on side" you will be fine. Be aware of the "Form 731" pax manifest requirement.

Also be aware of the PPR and Parking issues at busy Greek Airports in the summer. Absolute minefield!! Take plenty of patience a sense of humour and cash and appreciate things can take about 4 times longer than anywhere
else and nobody really cares!!! You'll be fine. Reputable local operators can be helpful.

minimo
10th Mar 2020, 11:22
Thanks RVDT,

Yes I already checked the online AIP but was wondering if any other rule would exist.
:ok:

hueyracer
11th Mar 2020, 09:52
I hope you´re not "one of those guys" who have been "asked by an unnamed NGO" to fly there to pick up some of the "poor refugees"?

(No kidding...some people called around to find people to fly there with helicopters for that purpose...)

minimo
11th Mar 2020, 12:38
hueyracer not at all! far away from this!