PDA

View Full Version : Tyabb Airshow today

Squawk7700
7th Mar 2020, 21:22
Looking good weather-wise. Lots of activity on here. Sorry it’s not a live feed.

YTYA ? Tyabb | My Web Cams Australia (http://mywebcams.com.au/ytya-tyabb)

The Baron
8th Mar 2020, 00:43
Raffling a Bushcat as well are they?

Stickshift3000
8th Mar 2020, 07:19
Today’s show was great as usual, very well run and a big crowd.

OZBUSDRIVER
8th Mar 2020, 10:52
Just a quick post. Excellent day , today. For my money the best display was the club C152 doing aerobatics...including amazing vertical roll..that is vertical up! Four point hesitation and inverted complete with engine cut out with negative g..all from the right seat. Very sad start with two missing wingman flights, first with twins including a traveler pulling up as missing wingman followed by the acrobats with the very S2 owned by the young man lost two weeks ago. Very sad loss for the club. So good to see the F4U up...bloody son quipped to me as the Corsair approached to land.. cleared to land, check wheels..I tell you..The Roulettes need some time in their new machines, the Spartan made an appearance is did the show finally C17 with a wall of flame on its departure. Balbo with seven warbirds made a good noise. Can hardly wait to see a sky full of Mustangs, Spitfires and Kittyhawks over the next decade or so. The only grumble from me is gate price is getting up and the price of the food concessions is a bit over the top...but small beer compared to most every event nowadays..bloody good day, well done PAC!

Centaurus
8th Mar 2020, 14:02
For my money the best display was the club C152 doing aerobatics...including amazing vertical roll..that is vertical up! Four point hesitation and inverted complete with engine cut out with negative g..all from the right seat.

Poor little 152 going through all those “G” strains and stresses. I hope that after the flight the pilot wrote that up in the maintenance release as a precaution. May save grief for the next bloke to fly it..

sablatnic
8th Mar 2020, 19:25
152 Aerobat?
+6 / -3 G!

OZBUSDRIVER
8th Mar 2020, 21:10
I can assure you, Centarus. It was an aerobat. Having said that, has anyone actually asked the difference between a garden variety 150/152 and an aerobat? The differences are not very structural. Heavier 4 point harness, d-ring releases on the door, special little caps on the battery and very slightly more robust l-brackets on the stabiliser. AFAIK there are no extra bulkheads or heavier skin.
...and a g meter!

djpil
9th Mar 2020, 00:38
... The differences are not very structural. .....and a g meter!Structural enough to increase the limit load factor from 4.4 to 6 G with a beefier wing strut, wing spars beefed up where needed and thicker wing skins in places. Plus they generally come with a decal and chequerboards so that onlookers know that it is an Aerobat

djpil
9th Mar 2020, 01:01
Excellent day , today. ... well done PAC!and Paul Bennet and his team. Great show. Chris Sperou is a real inspiration at age 80+.

Desert Flower
9th Mar 2020, 07:26
and Paul Bennet and his team. Great show. Chris Sperou is a real inspiration at age 80+.

Yep - 81.

DF.