PDA

View Full Version : R44 Delivers school books

nomorehelosforme
6th Mar 2020, 23:00
After weeks of serious posts and threads, hopefully we can have some light hearted comments about this...

WATCH: Chopper used to deliver student's schoolbag after he 'forgot it at home' (https://www.iol.co.za/the-star/news/watch-chopper-used-to-deliver-students-schoolbag-after-he-forgot-it-at-home-43935427)

Johannesburg - Many of us can remember forgetting a school bag or project at home and having our poor annoyed parents navigating early morning traffic to quickly bring it to us.

However, not all of us can boast about our parents jumping into a helicopter, flying to school and dropping our schoolbag .

Yet this is apparently what happened on Friday at North West University's Vaal campus.

According to @ItuhMokhele, who posted the video of the incident on Twitter, one of the students had forgotten his school bag then had it delivered to campus in a chopper.

In the video he posted, a man can be seen walking towards a helicopter that landed on the university's parking lot.

He just opens the door, takes his bags and casually walks away and the helicopter is seen taking off.

The girls recording the video can be heard screaming hysterically at what is happening before their eyes. One even asks: "Who is this guy?"

However, they were not the only ones who went crazy over the very special delivery. Others who saw the video on social media remarked just how lucky the young man was and that he was having nice life problems such as @sibo_mbathaa who wrote: I’ve seen rich but this...you guys are living life.

@Cboo_Dollar wrote: "Only rich kids forget their bags at home. When you broke you pack those books the day bf so that you forget nothing."

While it is not yet known indeed if the helicopter was delivering a student's forgotten school bag, the university confirmed that it indeed landed on campus this past Friday.

"After watching the video I can confirm that the landing was on the NWU's campus in Vanderbijlpark. It was in an area in front of the student centre adjacent to the construction site of our new administration building. As far as we can establish it took place on 28 February.

"At this stage we do not have any other information," said the university's Willie du Plessis.

However, some people like @Modise_Ma****a were not convinced that the young man just happened to forget his schoolbag and claimed he planned this whole thing to show off.

"I can bet you a helicopter he didn't forget that bag, this was the plan. Flex on them wena boy!"

The Star

Agile
7th Mar 2020, 07:06
so much for:

light on the skids
lift-off 10 ft
check the gauges
accelerate forward

stupid collective pull show-off take-off

chopjock
7th Mar 2020, 08:18
Agile
so much for:

light on the skids
lift-off 10 ft
check the gauges
accelerate forward

stupid collective pull show-off take-off

I'm not sure accelerate forward would be appropriate at that site? That may place the climb out over the students / buildings. Better to turn away from a crowd. Perhaps you are quick to judge with limited information?...

Self loading bear
7th Mar 2020, 08:39
After weeks of serious posts and threads, hopefully we can have some light hearted comments about this...' (https://www.iol.co.za/the-star/news/watch-chopper-used-to-deliver-students-schoolbag-after-he-forgot-it-at-home-43935427)

I think this is what one would call a textbook take-off.

Bell_ringer
7th Mar 2020, 11:56
I'm not sure accelerate forward would be appropriate at that site? That may place the climb out over the students / buildings. Better to turn away from a crowd. .

You would be correct.
Hopefully they got permission from the land owner, in which case, nothing to see here, it's well within the part 91 regs.
Landing an aircraft in an uncontrolled space, among people that aren't helicopter savvy is a potential problem waiting to happen.

krypton_john
8th Mar 2020, 04:21
I think this is what one would call a textbook take-off.

SLB wins the internet today.

krypton_john
8th Mar 2020, 04:23
OMG delivered by a Robbie? How embarrassing for the poor kid!

Ascend Charlie
8th Mar 2020, 05:30
Robinson? Pah!
Some years back, the owner of a New York football team would send his kids to primary school from Long Island to Manhattan in his VIP S 92. The crew fitted an extra camera in the cabin to make sure the kids didn't do too much damage during the flight, as they were alone in the wood-panelled cabin.

nomorehelosforme
8th Mar 2020, 23:51
SLB wins the internet today.

Agreed, 99% A+ and excellent effort, straight to top of class!