PDA

View Full Version : Is there no limits to this blokes arrogance?

gordonfvckingramsay
25th Feb 2020, 22:52
Zero leadership from the most overpaid CEO on earth.

https://australianaviation.com.au/2020/02/qantas-asks-staff-to-take-leave-to-beat-coronavirus-downturn/

Deceiver
25th Feb 2020, 23:01
I'm sure that came from a conversation along the lines of "the Asian airlines are doing it, so why can't we?"

Ollie Onion
25th Feb 2020, 23:02
Anstrange world we live in when they make $700 million in 6 months, say that the virus may cost $150 million for the year but we won’t be making anyone redundant yet. I would bloody hope that when profitable you wouldn’t make anyone redundant, as an aside I have asked to take some leave but have been told NO! 😩

Paragraph377
26th Feb 2020, 00:15
Truly a parasite of immeasurable proportions. Gotta protect those executive bonuses and Board salaries.

73qanda
26th Feb 2020, 00:48
Well......$771 M in the first six months......only a few people will be crying if the second half results are down $150 M.

gerry111
26th Feb 2020, 02:36
Number one is the QF share price. Everything else, secondary.

Runaway Gun
26th Feb 2020, 03:20
Wouldn’t we all be better off if AJ took unpaid leave?

TBM-Legend
26th Feb 2020, 05:18
Shareholders, who actually own the company, are pleased with this result given the circumstances....you could be with the other mob that hasn't posted a profit for 7+ years and nothing on the horizon except redundancies.

exfocx
26th Feb 2020, 05:22
This is just so typical of employers, under staff so you cannot give AL as it comes due or just don't manage AL, expect your employees to do so and when the SHTF demand everyone take their due leave. I will only ever take AL in those circumstances when forced to and would seek union support against forced leave. I will not volunteer.

gordonfvckingramsay
26th Feb 2020, 06:44
Shareholders, who actually own the company, are pleased with this result given the circumstances....you could be with the other mob that hasn't posted a profit for 7+ years and nothing on the horizon except redundancies.

True, I could be with the other airline and I feel for those employees who may be discarded, still
doesn’t mean we should be happy with AJ cruising to (yet another) huge bonus. Airline management have caused their companies to be in such a precarious position by having all the wrong priorities and by stripping the meat leaving only a carcass. I would gladly burn up my annual leave to help the company if it’s in a financially precarious position......which Qantas isn’t.

Chris2303
26th Feb 2020, 20:21
And then he wonders why his (ground) staff don't come back after their enforced leave

TBM-Legend
27th Feb 2020, 10:52
AJ doesn't set his own salary package, the Board does under the guidance of the 'remuneration committee' of which he is not a member. Happy shareholders, happy Board and so it flows...

Why did BG, JB and the new boy even draw a salary with those continued losses?

oicur12.again
27th Feb 2020, 14:53
The global economy was already on the slide before this latest outbreak.

The bubble is bursting as we are coming to the end of the longest growth phase in decades.

This bubble burst will be a doozy and caronavirus is the catalyst.

Buckle up folks, unpaid leave is going to be the least of our worries.

Ollie Onion
27th Feb 2020, 22:52
I would think that forced paid Annual Leave would be a bloody good result for the pilot group if that is the limit to the fallout from this crisis.