PDA

View Full Version : Found .. at last. Worth a look see this one!

motionlotion
12th Aug 2002, 10:52
I've been looking for this site for a while now. Finally found it this morning and it raises some interesting questions - n'est pas?

http://www.asile.org/citoyens/numero13/pentagone/erreurs_en.htm

Good luck

ML

BlueEagle
12th Aug 2002, 13:46
So, if it wasn't a Boeing 757, (which has, as yet, failed to land anywhere else), just what do you think could have caused such a great big hole in the wall and leave multiple DNA that is indisputably related to the pax on the ill fated flight?

Don't you think your post is just a bit sick Motionlotion?

If you had ever, (you obviously have not), been required to attend a crash site you would know that when an aircraft is involved in a crash like the one into the Pentagon, the entire airframe becomes 'cornflakes' and the contents totally unrecognisable, other than with the aid of forensic science.

Perhaps you would like to enlarge on those interesting questions you mentioned?

Chalkstripe
12th Aug 2002, 14:06
This website was sent to me by a friend who is "into" conspiracy theories shortly after Sept 11. He then sent me another website that answered all of the questions in no uncertain manner.

I have forgotten most of the answers, although one that does immediately come to mind is that gravel and sand were tipped onto the lawn at the Pentagon so that heavy duty vehicles (cranes, bulldozers etc) could get access to the rubble.

Personally I thought that the original website was in poor taste then, and time hasn't really changed that opinion!

FOMere2eternity
12th Aug 2002, 16:15
I'm not too sure how much of a 757 you expect to see after it collides with the ground/a building...

Stupid thread...

As for the sand, it's SOP for any kind of fuel spill - absorbs it and reduces the chance of fire restarting from chumps like yourself flicking their cigarette butts while oggling

:mad:

Jackonicko
12th Aug 2002, 16:43
OK, so what DID happen to that 757? Aliens again?

But... I must say I've never seen quite so little aircraft debris in the wake of an accident, and the very limited impact damage (at ground floor level, yet no impact marks on the ground) and the disappearance of the wings is mystifying. There must be a logical explanation, but it eludes me.

Smoketoomuch
12th Aug 2002, 18:17
Can't believe this is still going round... a few points however;
Even a 'low speed' crash can leave little recognisable wreckage - remember Concorde? Even pictures taken from within the crash site showed nothing immediately obvious. Looking hard you could make out some bits, but you'd see nothing in a distant shot.
See; http://www.concordesst.com/accident/pictures.html#

The aircraft on Sept 11 were flown at high speed into the WTC - probably by design. The Pentagon probably likewise.
Aluminium melts easily - remember the 737 at MAN in 1985, yet no impact and fire services were on scene quickly. There just aren't going to be any big bits left.
Disappearance of the wings? Any proof it hit wings level?

More to the point... just WHY would there be any cover-up? I just can't imagine a possible scenario, let alone a likely one :confused:

DC Meatloaf
12th Aug 2002, 18:29
Here's a point-by-point rebuttal. Snopes.com (http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pentagon.htm).

Also, within the article above, note the link to the Pentagon security cam images (http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/03/07/gen.pentagon.pictures/index.html). The second image under the "Extra Information" link -- sorry I can't link to it directly -- seems to show the "rooster tail" (for lack of a better description) of the plane skidding across the ground prior to impact.

Pretty offensive site (the French one, not Snopes).

[edited to add link to CNN article]

owe ver chute
12th Aug 2002, 21:41
It is really spooky that this thread has appeared today, last night on Chan 5 there was a compelling documentary questioning whether NASA actually sent man to the moon. Could it be that the USA is good at telling these sort of lies?

Self Loading Freight
12th Aug 2002, 23:26
Owe Ver Chute--

You are joking, aren't you? That 'was the Moon landing faked?' documentary is the biggest bottle of nonsense decanted into the minds of the gullible since "Go back to your constituencies and prepare for power" got the Lib Dems dribbling into their beards.

Have a shufty at http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html -- or any of the many other sites set up by exasperated space scientists, astronomers, engineers or the just plain narked -- and ask yourself just what was going through the heads of the TV executives. Truth, or ratings?

R

motionlotion
13th Aug 2002, 07:04
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm afraid I can not take credit for this site. I'm sure you are all well aware this is a French website and as usual with these things, there will always be something lost in translation. Couple this together with the fact that with most things French, there is that faint whiff of garlic if left in the sun too long.

However, if by posting this site link I have offended individual sensitivities, I apologise unreservedly.

Regards,

ML

DamienB
13th Aug 2002, 13:24
Also more rebuffs to 'Hunt the Boeing' here:

http://libertyboy.free.fr/home/

Another conspiracy site...

http://www.nerdcities.com/guardian/SeptemberEleventh/WhatHitThePentagon/index.html

...particularly laughable with comments like this:

"it is probable that after being stripped of most of the fuel, the fuselage survived more or less intact (albeit, somewhat shorter). "

...and...

"Note that the time interval between the beginning and end of the "explosion" is said to be 4 one-hundredths of a second"

...the only person who says this is him, because he's incapable of reading a very clear time index on the security camera stills he's talking about, where it is obvious they are a sequence 4 seconds long.

:rolleyes:

owe ver chute
13th Aug 2002, 17:17
SLF, it was the sort of program that offered an alternative view to the official line. It did offer some very good evidence to cause food for thought and alot of questions that NASA could not give a satifactory answer.

northwing
14th Aug 2002, 20:05
And how many people would have had to have been a party to this completely pointless conspiracy? Why would they all have remained silent? If you want a good read on conspiracy theories try "The Final Verdict" by Gerald Posner.

STANDTO
15th Aug 2002, 11:02
from what I've read, the Pentagon is built like a brick toilet. I rad one mil witness account who was actually above the impact, in a room, and watched his floor and windows buckle, but not give way.

Simple physics - if there aint anything to absorb the energy, its going to be expended elsewhere

Scud-U-Like
15th Aug 2002, 12:45
I have a little theory of my own: conspiracy theorists are sad, emotionally unstable, gullible w*****s :rolleyes:

solotk
15th Aug 2002, 13:00
http://community.webshots.com/r1/6/29/41/21662941rfIlAyecDL_ph.jpg

I think that would have screwed his book sales.....

Photo Copyright unknown http://community.webshots.com/album/21366813MtMePTSvXe

Iron City
15th Aug 2002, 13:20
Don't know how many of the people who really have a bit of an open mind (not the died in the wool conspiracy theorists, who will never be convinced of anything) have ever been in the real Pentagon or examined how it is built.

I am fairly sure that a real 757 was crashed into a real Pentagon and the bits of 757 left are consistent with a fairly high speed crash into a building built mainly of reinforced concrete and masonry. The building is faced on the outside (but not inside the rings) with limestone. There is relatively little steel beam framing because it was built as a hospital in the early days of WW II when steel was a high priority material. The reinforced concrete is thick and 60 some years old so it is reasonable to assume that at least some of the rebar was corroded some, but the concrete is certainly not green. In summary that building is the mother of all ceramic defacatoriums (deficatoria?).

Being on the site the day it happened and the day after, and after , and after etc etc etc I can tell you that a whole S load of Jet A went up because of the smell. Lots of dust also in the air but very little of the "other" smells one typically finds afterwards.

Anybody who tells you different is either gullible or making up a story for you.

FRA2
15th Aug 2002, 17:24
Hi there.
Ofcourse I dont believe in all that conspiracy-Bull****.

What makes me wonder, is that not a single photograph exists about that Pentagon plane in air.

I mean, the mediacoverage about that plane in the DC-area
was for about 12 minutes. ("we believe 1 plane ....around the Alexandria-washington area....")

Nobody looked at the sky in that area, ready to duck and cover?

My "home" in the States is about 15mls away from the pentagon(luckily I wasnt there when things happened),
- the first thing I would have done is , -watch the sky...

Guess everybody was glued to the TV.
But if a news alert would hit my region......., knowing allready about the tragedy happened in NYC....

Dont know the stats about population affected, but that plane should have been visible, sometime.

Many people claim they saw it, - and nobody grabbed a Cam ?

Nobody? From, lets say 20000people?

There are pics of an airliner, right over DC, but that was a747.

FRA2

STANDTO
16th Aug 2002, 17:34
See THEY'RE AT IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for further japes

DC Meatloaf
16th Aug 2002, 20:32
FRA2,

I'm not aware of any news reports about the airplane that hit the Pentagon while it was inbound to the DC area. I was on the 14th Street bridge trying to get to my job in the Capitol about five minutes before it flew past. I had the radio on and was listening to a whole host of reports about what was going on in NYC, but can't recall any mention of any threats to DC at that point -- otherwise I doubt I would've continued on. Keep in mind that it's not unusual to see airplanes flying low and in some (apparently) unusual attitudes over the Potomac River and the Pentagon. Indeed, the river approach at DCA funnels airplanes between the Pentagon on the right and the National Mall (with the Capitol at one end) on the left -- so without any warning, I don't think anyone would've paid much extra attention to a AA 757 in the area until it actually dove towards the Pentagon.

I made it up to my office just in time to see the first reports that the Pentagon had been hit by something. A few minutes later, Capitol Police were hustling down the hallways evacuating the building, warning *at that point* that they had reports of another airplane inbound. I didn't stick around.

To give you an idea of how confused things were, as I drove out of DC back across the 14th Street bridge and right by the Pentagon, which was now ablaze, the radio was reporting that a car bomb had exploded at the Capitol, a car bomb had exploded at the State Department, two hijacked airplanes were inbound to DC, that the Gannett Building in Rossyln had been hit and that yet another hijacked airplane was circling Dulles. On top of that, I saw two F-16 roaring up the Potomac (apparently the second pair scrambled) -- about the only thing I saw or heard that day that gave me any reassurance.

Obviously, we know now that none of that information was correct (there was one airplane inbound, but it crashed in PA), but at the time...well...it made for quite a white-knuckled drive home. I didn't care what happened, I just wanted to get home to my wife and son.

Anyway, I find it very disturbing that some people continue to insist on this asinine conspiracy theory. It's offensive to those that were killed on Flight 77 and in the Pentagon that day.

FRA2
16th Aug 2002, 22:00
Hey,
I do not give a sh... about those “carbomb” (or whatever ) theories, - which are disgusting.

I followed the events on german TV, which mainly covered CNN, ABC,NBC aso(what else should they do…), and indeed there was a small “window” when there were reports about “a plane” in the DC-area.
(DC Meatloaf, there were reports, that’s when and why I started to get nervous and grabbed the phone)
Ofcourse there was still Traffic around DCA, I guess.

My only point was, - it seems very strange to me that not a single foto exsists, about that plane.
This raised my eyebrows a little, that’s all.

When phoning with relatives close to the impact, and talking to friends who work and helped at the impact-site - the confusion you described became obvious.

To be honest, - as I know many Americans(I like them!!), I just didn’t get it, that no one took a cam.
As (admit it;-) some Americans are very much “mediahyped”, so to speak….hope I chose the right word.

And therefore, about 200 of about 20000 people living near the pentagon would have been keen to make THAT photo…

That’s all.,
very sorry if you got that(my first) posting wrong.

FRA2