PDA

View Full Version : King air 350 type rating

sean111
21st Feb 2020, 11:53
Hi, i'm based in Asia and was thinking of getting a king air 350 type rating... i know flight safety does the training but is there any other places other than US and Europe offering the rating and also what would be the cost? (still waiting for an answer from flight safety)

Wings on the Winger
24th Feb 2020, 11:02
Hi,

You can get a king air 350 type rating at Finnish Aviation Academy in Pori, Finland & CAE at Dallas.

I still believe these are the only other options than Flight Safety and most European operators use Flight Safety at Wichita as EASA approved simulators are rare

windypops
24th Feb 2020, 21:18
Hi, i'm based in Asia and was thinking of getting a king air 350 type rating... i know flight safety does the training but is there any other places other than US and Europe offering the rating and also what would be the cost? (still waiting for an answer from flight safety)

Pori will almost certainly be your cheapest option for an EASA type rating. This will be on the EFIS 85 avionics.

CAE Dallas, CAE Abu Dhabi and FlightSafety Wichita also offer EASA type ratings for ProLine 21.

It’s a bit of a pointless rating unless you’ve got a job. Also be aware that if you are in the right seat as a co-pilot/First Officer you can only log the hours if being operated under an AOC. If it’s private the hours are worthless and will not be recognised by EASA.

The above applies for EASA regs. If you are FAA or another authority check first.