PDA

View Full Version : Flight Schools for PPL

tgkman
20th Feb 2020, 03:40
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member here and aviation enthusiast. I am living in Hong Kong currently and considering getting my PPL somewhere here in South East Asia, however I'm not sure if there are any flight schools that are particularly recommended or I should avoid.

Does anyone have experience in this regard or have tips/recommendations of where to look?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

EDIT for clarity: I hope to fly small aircraft as a hobby as opposed to building a career in aviation through airliners.

iggy
20th Feb 2020, 11:38
First question is: do you want the PPL to start building a aviation career or you want it because you are planning to fly light aircrafts during the weekends just for the fun of it?

tgkman
20th Feb 2020, 12:02
First question is: do you want the PPL to start building a aviation career or you want it because you are planning to fly light aircrafts during the weekends just for the fun of it?

I plan to fly smaller aircrafts as a hobby when I can. I initially went through the recruitment of the Cathay Cadet programme about 6 years ago and made it through to the 3rd round before failing out. Fortunately I found a calling in teaching shortly thereafter, however I have always maintained a hobby in flying and flight sims and I hope to turn that into a reality and fly for real.