PDA

View Full Version : PBN really needed??? and how much??

d4vy
18th Feb 2020, 19:12
Hi everyone, i have a dilemma and looking a solution asap..

I'm nearly finished my ATPL's out in Greece and the school is looking to add on a PBN course at a cost of €1400 (which i start this friday, hence the rush on a solution) which seems hella expensive especially as its not a mandatory requirement until after august.

Do i finish school (probably within the next 6-8 weeks) get my license and then apply for it somewhere else as i have seen the full course for €800 or buy the theoretical training off BGS for example for £45, study it and then find somewhere do to the rating with which will be cheaper again?

Or do i really need to worry about it at this stage esp if i try for ryanair i should already be started training (if I'm one of the lucky ones) before the deadline comes around.

A320LGW
18th Feb 2020, 22:12
Hi everyone, i have a dilemma and looking a solution asap..

I'm nearly finished my ATPL's out in Greece and the school is looking to add on a PBN course at a cost of €1400 (which i start this friday, hence the rush on a solution) which seems hella expensive especially as its not a mandatory requirement until after august.

Do i finish school (probably within the next 6-8 weeks) get my license and then apply for it somewhere else as i have seen the full course for €800 or buy the theoretical training off BGS for example for £45, study it and then find somewhere do to the rating with which will be cheaper again?

Or do i really need to worry about it at this stage esp if i try for ryanair i should already be started training (if I'm one of the lucky ones) before the deadline comes around.

It should be done as part of your type rating course, unless an airline is specifically asking for it i wouldn't pay it