PDA

View Full Version : question about NATS and Global ATS

cubes9
15th Feb 2020, 10:59
I have some questions about global ATS.
How many people who finish the course and get the license gets the job there? Do I have the apply individually? and How much is it??

chevvron
16th Feb 2020, 13:14
Global ATS may have some ATC contracts in the Middle East but in the UK are only a college where you can train for your ATC License and ratings; as far as I'm aware they do not provide Air Traffic Services at any location in the UK (but I could be wrong) hence do not offer employment.

2 sheds
22nd Feb 2020, 17:27
Global ATS may have some ATC contracts in the Middle East
but I could be wrong
...so why offer any "advice"?

cubes9 - consult Global-ATS, or any other ITO, directly - see their websites.

2 s

whowhenwhy
23rd Feb 2020, 08:23
Once you've pass the initial training (basic atco course + rating training) at Global you progress to OJT at a unit. As Chevvron said, Global are only a training provider. If you pass the initial training at the NATS college, you will move on to OJT at a NATS unit.

Runway26
23rd Feb 2020, 20:14
Once you've pass the initial training (basic atco course + rating training) at Global you progress to OJT at a unit. As Chevvron said, Global are only a training provider. If you pass the initial training at the NATS college, you will move on to OJT at a NATS unit.

Not unheard of to pass initial training at Global and move on to OJT at a NATS unit either ;) although you do have to be sent to Global by NATS themselves

whowhenwhy
24th Feb 2020, 14:36
Not unheard of to pass initial training at Global and move on to OJT at a NATS unit either ;) although you do have to be sent to Global by NATS themselves
Fair point, I was just trying to avoid a diversion into talk about the problems at the NATS college 😁

alfaman
28th Feb 2020, 21:09
Fair point, I was just trying to avoid a diversion into talk about the problems at the NATS college 😁
What problems are you referring to?

whowhenwhy
4th Mar 2020, 17:24
What problems are you referring to?
Just that rather more students for NATS units are going through Global than their own college...Something about capacity being taken up by overseas students is what I'd heard.

alfaman
4th Mar 2020, 21:25
Just that rather more students for NATS units are going through Global than their own college...Something about capacity being taken up by overseas students is what I'd heard.
Well, you heard wrong then.

Runway26
5th Mar 2020, 06:59
Well, you heard wrong then.

but there are (or were) problems at ctc weren’t there? I heard that the last few courses to go through were held for significant periods in between their basic and ADI courses and again between ADU and APS. And not just a few weeks but for periods of 4 months and longer.
I can speculate but it sounds like you know the real reason?

AyrTC
5th Mar 2020, 11:31
Are NATS still sending students, sorry apprentices, to Global for Basic, ADI and APS courses?
Rgds
AyrTC

alfaman
5th Mar 2020, 17:48
but there are (or were) problems at ctc weren’t there? I heard that the last few courses to go through were held for significant periods in between their basic and ADI courses and again between ADU and APS. And not just a few weeks but for periods of 4 months and longer.
I can speculate but it sounds like you know the real reason?
The statement that more trainees are going through Global than NATS Training is incorrect; & there are no non NATS trainees at the CTC at this time, nor in the preceding 3-4 years, either, so that's also incorrect.
Trainees from all the ITOs that NATS contract their training to, have & may be held because they are fitted into the training slots available at unit as the opportunity arises. It may be they are held as the simulators are prioritised elsewhere, or because they are waiting for that space at unit, but that's not necessarily anything to do with "problems" at the CTC, it's a NATS business decision. Yes, it's difficult for those concerned, & uncomfortable for those who have to make those decisions, but the root cause does not lie at the initial training stage.

Glamdring
20th Mar 2020, 15:13
Are NATS still sending students, sorry apprentices, to Global for Basic, ADI and APS courses?
Rgds
AyrTC

There was at least one NATS course down there last week when I was there.

escaped.atco
21st Mar 2020, 16:33
Is Global still operating during this current time?

The demand for new controllers is going to take a hit for the next few years at least.

AyrTC
21st Mar 2020, 20:08
A statement from Global ATS on their Facebook page:

MARCH 21 2020COVID-19 UPDATE FROM GLOBAL ATS

As you will be aware, Global ATS has continued to monitor and react to the ever-changing situation relating to coronavirus (COVID-19) and our number one priority remains the safety of our students, employees and their families.

As the UK Government has rapidly escalated its position and guidelines over recent days, I have today decided to take further actions to ensure we not only continue to ensure the safety of students, employees and families but also do our part towards the goal of promoting effective social distancing.

Effective from the 23rd March 2020:
We will not commence any new courses which are advertised on our published schedule until at least 1st June 2020.
All courses which have started in the last two weeks will be postponed and students will be given places on the next set of scheduled courses which commence on Monday 1st June 2020. Students will be allowed to participate on any parts of the course they have already completed. Students will continue to have access to our Distance Learning Portal (DLP) and will be able to use this time to further prepare for the rescheduled course.
Any course which has already started and is due to conclude during the week commencing 23rd March 2020 will be concluded in line with UK CAA requirements.
If at anytime between now and the 1st June 2020 we consider it safe to do so we will endeavour to run short courses such as APCs, OJTI and Assessor.

In my own personal opinion it would not surprise me if NATS may also be reviewing courses In the not to distant future!
Rgds
AyrTC

2 sheds
22nd Mar 2020, 10:46
AyrTC
As you have chosen to copy and paste the statement from Global-ATS instead of using a link, it should be clarified that the last line is your opinion, not part of Global's statement.
2 s

AyrTC
22nd Mar 2020, 14:22
2 sheds you are quite correct. Post now edited.

Rgds
AyrTC

2 sheds
22nd Mar 2020, 14:51
Good on yer!
2 s