PDA

View Full Version : Apple connection conundrums

SpringHeeledJack
14th Feb 2020, 19:32
So....iPhone connected to MacBook by cable, all working great, automatically syncing with the Music App etc etc. Haven't connected in a couple of months due to simply forgetting. In this time there have been a couple of software updates to both phone and laptop. Conneted today and the phone isn't there, as in not shown in the Music App. Tried different cables (all working in providing power), quit, restarted, looked etc etc. Nothing...Looked on the web and nothing I found seemed to help. Anyone had the same issue ?

Flying Wild
14th Feb 2020, 20:29
If you go to the Apple menu and select "About This Mac", then "System Report", under Hardware -> USB, can you see the iPhone?

SpringHeeledJack
15th Feb 2020, 05:19
It does, and since 'seeing' it in System Report, it showed up in the devices list.

The issue seems to be that since the updates, for some reason known only to the folks in Cupertino, trust was lost. I have now been invited to trust the two devices together. Hoorah! All is good again.

Thankyou for your help ;-)

MightyGem
16th Feb 2020, 20:16
I believe that you sync iPhones through Finder these days.
https://www.imore.com/how-sync-your-iphone-and-ipad-your-mac-macos-catalina

jimjim1
16th Feb 2020, 23:23
I believe that you sync iPhones through Finder these days.

No no no no no.
I sync my fine phone with Windows Explorer.

No Mysterons, no inexplicable jumbo mumbo. Works exactly the same way every time.

PS - no Golden Delicious or McIntosh Reds in view, in any direction.

Ancient Observer
17th Feb 2020, 11:51
Explorer works for me, too. Completely free of Appleguru mumbo jumbo.

PJD1
17th Feb 2020, 11:57
The OP's question was about connecting an iPhone to a MacBook, the last lime I looked Windows Explorer was not available on MacOS! :rolleyes: